Willers Solutions Limited – Our client, a reputable ISP firm is seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: IP Operations Engineer
- Provide technical support for corporate clients.
- Design implements and support IT, Security and Network Solutions for corporate clients.
- Troubleshoot Core network problems.
- Upgrade core network equipment and configuration.
- Report to the Head of Department.
- Responsible for all assigned equipment to his team.
- Should maintain a high level of personal responsibility in order to be an example to colleagues.
- Abide and apply the rules and regulations of the department and the company as a whole.
- Responsible for achieving any assignment given by the Manager
- Keeping up to date with departmental and company notification via Emails, Notice board and other mediums
- Keeps himself up-to-date with the technologies required by companies.
- High ability and readiness for any kind of urgent intervention at client sites to meet SLAs.
Academic / Education Qualifications
- B.Sc (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Communication Engineering or Telecom.
- Min of 3 years proven hands-on experience in network engineering
- Must be CCNA or CCNP certified.
- Must have good verbal and writing skills.
- In depth knowledge of TCP/IP protocol stack
- Configuration and maintenance of network equipment including routers, switches, Firewalls
- Experience in Mikrotik and cisco devices configuration
- Solid Understanding of Layer 3 technologies (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP..) and layer 2 technologies(VLAN, trunks, STP..)
- Maximizing network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- Good Knowledge in Unix Servers (Redhat, Centos, and Debian…)
- Ability to understand and work on new technologies and to quickly adopt to equipment made by different vendors.
- Ability to design topologies and provide consultancy for corporate customers.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- LAC/LNS Implementation and troubleshooting knowledge.
- MPLS L2VPNs, L3VPNs and VPLS knowledge is a plus.
- Cisco ASA and Juniper firewalls configuration and maintenance is a plus.
Job Title: RF-Transmission Engineer
- Serves as the lead resource for advanced monitoring, troubleshooting and review of radio network Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Primarily responsible for Quality RF link for corporate clients
- Handle Analysis of KPIs, investigation and improvement of AP radio quality delivery
- Co-ordination with the field engineers for rectifying radio link problems and improving the link performance and quality.
- Coordinate the test activities
- Initiate optimization actions, follow-up and achieve optimal on radio AP/CPE performance
- Coordinate with field teams to ensure recommendation on client’s link optimization is achieved
- Perform RF planning and Network optimization for link quality for corporate clients
- Leads RF team to field work to ensure clients’ links problem resolution
- Provides capacity planning and growth strategies for AP and CPE
- Develop training materials and host training sessions for RF teams
- Coordinate with vendors on major problems on RF products
- Implementation of RF workout recommendation defined by RF Manager
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc. / HND in Telecommunication Engineering
- Min of 5 yrs. experience as a RF-TRANSMISSION ENGINEER with an ISP within the wireless industry troubleshooting, optimizing, and designing wireless communication sites.
- Must be a Cisco Certified Network Associates (CCNA) and Wireless Certified Network Professionals (CWNP) preferable
- Advanced understanding of RF propagation principles, cellular theory, RF engineering tools and antenna theory.
- Skilled with test & measurement equipment like Signal Sources, Network Analyzers, Vector Signal Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Google Earth etc.
- Understanding of digital modulation schemes such as QPSK, 8PSK, QAM and can analyze system level front end requirements for set top box applications (link budgets, phase noise, noise figure, linearity, and spurious frequency analysis, etc.)
- Ability to work well in high pressure technical environment.
Deadline: 31st January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV “MS Word Format” to: email@example.com using “IP Operations Engineer” as the email subject.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.