Whyte Cleon Limited – Our client, a Montessori Preschool and Elementary School equipped with individualised and practical methods that focus on the development of the whole child, seek to engage a highly Professional Individual for the position of:
Job Title: Administrative Manager
General Office and Administrative Duties:
- Develop short- and long-term operation initiatives/strategies that are aligned to the corporate goals.
- Lead and direct the Administrative Team
- Oversee the day-to-day running and ambience of the school
- Prepare school calendar and direct school events.
- Relate to all School’s Customers and provide professional customer service always.
- Attend to parent issues and give prompt response, solutions and comfort always.
- Attend to school registration and annual updates at local and state level.
- Provide a full range of administrative support to the Director and assist with policy formulation or implementation; and school improvement
- Involved in short listing and recruitment of quality staff, Source, interview and hire staff, after having ascertained suitability for position in question and conferred with the Director.
Budget And Deployment Of Resources Duties:
- The school administrator maintains a budget and is responsible for all purchases and expenditures of school and base budget funds.
- Play a key planning and management role in the school, making sure all resources (staff, income and facilities) are used in the best way to maximize what is available for teaching and learning.
- evise ways to optimise inventory control procedures and ensure product stock is adequate at all times for all end users.
- Maintains a network of professional contacts and a robust vendor list in order to secure good rates for the school.
School Facilities Management Duties:
- Oversee the day-to-day running and ambience of the school.
- The school administrator strives toward developing an environment and climate that fosters student growth and academic excellence.
- Ensure proper functioning of all health and safety equipment such as First Aid Box, Fire Alarm, Fire extinguishers etc.
- Responsible for a non-threatening and safe environment for all students and staff in school and /or at school related functions.
- Responsible for the overall maintenance of the school grounds and school buildings.
- Ensure the facilities coordinator works in line with set standards.
- Ensure the security personnel work in line with set standards.
- Responsible for the efficient scheduling and management of external and internal cleaner
School Records, Reports And IT Management:
- Documentation Refining and Information Storage – Standardise and archive all school documents and templates.
- Involved in the collation and entry of data relating to various areas of school activity.
- Provide and maintain up to date technology support and back up services.
- Ensure the IT Technician works in line with set standards.
- Maintain electronic records of purchases, registration, inspections and maintenance of school vehicles.
- Ensure vehicle registration, insurance, documentation and toll tags are obtained for all school vehicles.
- Ensure routine and ad hoc maintenance for new vehicles and renew old ones to ensure schedule fleet management.
- Monitor fuel purchase for all vehicles and drivers.
- Ensure school bus runs efficiently with prompt departures and good service delivery.
- Providing operational and administrative support to ensure events held at school go as planned.
- Overseeing team members to ensure event venue has been set up and school infrastructure required is put in place.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operational Management, Business Administration, Arts, Finance or other relevant fields of study.
- MBA or Masters Degree is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 7 – 10 years relevant work experience in operations management and general office procedures with 4 years at Managerial level.
- Previous experience in a financial or investment institution is an added advantage.
- Professional Certification in Management, Administration, NIM or any relevant certification.
Job Title: Head of School
- Responsible for the school’s academic processes as well as clients’ welfare at School;
- This includes overseeing the delivery of highest education standards to students and ensuring the teachers are meeting their educational goals.
- Directs the school/centre, students, clients and teachers towards the school’s vision, the school’s philosophy and the school’s goals.
- Works with the Director regularly to develop and maintain the organisations’ programme plan that includes instruction, performance, technology and areas of special emphasis.
- Ensures the Montessori philosophy (including other schools of thought) at TLP and Applied Behaviour Analysis at School are followed and enhanced at all times.
- Ensures that the Centre programmes are followed on a day‐to‐day basis. These will include mealtime, circle time, arts & craft, songs, and other in-curricular activities.
- Updates and maintains Individual Educational Plans and intervention programmes to suit Clients’ unique needs.
- Prepares and maintains students weekly and quarterly progress data.
- Organises appropriate outings in relation to existing theme.
- Is open to working one-one with clients where needed.
- Ensures the welfare of the students and clients is guaranteed and acts as a role model for the organisations with parents.
- Suggests achievable creative activities for client stimulation and sensitisation.
- Participates in the creation of appropriate materials and maintains existing ones.
- Prepares, supervises and approves all student reports to be sent home, including weekly and quarterly reports. Reviews weekly reports of sessions held.
- Ensures that the environment is child-led, child-focused, safe and conducive for the students.
- Engages in all other professional educational conducts deemed necessary by the school.
- Works with the Administrator/ Director to ensure the smooth day‐to‐day running of the school.
- Participates in quality assurance process by monitoring/observing ongoing class practices.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are followed and all relevant forms, for students and parents are completed and collected duly.
- Seeks and approves appropriate external school activities that will enhance the development and collaboration ability of our students.
- Ensures that all documents are properly archived in line with school standardised process.
- Ensures a structured, clean and safe environment.
- Oversees the layout and appropriateness of shelves in therapy rooms.
- Works with the administrative team to ensure environments in the organisations are well kitted with the appropriate materials and tools.
- Attends to parents’ correspondence and IEP meetings.
- Deals with queries from parents and escalates complex issues to the Director in a timely manner.
- Writes letters to parents and educational bodies on behalf of the organisations ( such letters to be approved by Director before dispatch).
- Acts as a liaison between the organisations, the staff, the students and the parents, interpreting activities and policies and encouraging parent participation in the child’s education and school.
- Demonstrates leadership abilities and the personality necessary for working effectively and efficiently with students, teachers and parents.
- Ensures a good level of communication is maintained with all staff and works as part of a team, fostering good relationship with colleagues; supervises and directs all teaching staff.
- Assists with shortlisting and recruitment of quality therapists and academic staff.
- Sources, interviews and supports in the hiring of staff, after having ascertained suitability for position in question and conferred with the School Administrator and Director.
- Supervises therapists and academic staff and ensures service delivery is professional and organised, including filing system and lines of communication.
- Seeks and arranges appropriate development training for the staff. Trains staff on best practice activities and sources cutting edge advancement procedures.
- Plans and monitors therapist and facilitators programmes/methods.
- Monitors staff performance and recommends elevation where necessary.
- Participates in the development staff/client’s schedule and timetable.
- Promotes employee engagement.
- Attends to admissions enquiries and implements pre-admission assessments.
- Follows up on enquiries, sets up and participates in admissions interviews.
- Uploads and updates enquiries/admissions database
- Arranges students admission letter and parent orientation session.
- Organises and attends all relevant workshops, meets with parents upon request and attends all parents events.
- Attends staff meetings and contributes in a positive and constructive way
- Organises and attends quarterly parent / teacher conferences.
- Prepares a sends to director, a measurable work schedule at the beginning of each week.
- Prepares and sends to director, a weekly report containing all activities accomplished for the week by the end of each week.
- Acts as an ambassador for the School.
- Shares in the vision and mission of the School.
- Participates in matters that arise from the Foundation.
- Partakes in other official related matters as required by Management.
- Our team is the key to our success as we work hard to meet the needs of our parents and their children. Here are some of the general qualities we look for in all our staff members.
- Sincere and genuine love of children.
- Eloquent report/ letter writing and review skills.
- Adequate Leadership skills.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic with ‘can‐do’ attitude.
- Good organisational skill, structured and able to effectively communicate.
- Discipline, confident with appropriate professional attitude.
- Warm, caring personality, excellent team spirit, interpersonal and communication skills with adults and children.
- Maintains professional attitude at all times.
- Proficient Computer skills.
- Possess Initiative and ability to cope under pressure.
What We Offer
- Gross Salary – N300,000 per month.
- Tuition assistance for child/children attending School.
- Ongoing staff training and educational assistance.
- Opportunities for career progression.
- Subsidised HMO group scheme.
- Pension scheme participation.
Job Title: Engagement Assistant
- Employee Relations and Engagement
- Recruitment and Talent Planning
- Learning and Development
- Performance Management and Reward Systems
- Payroll Administration
- Pastoral care – Counselling and Welfare (staff and parents)
- Customer Relations
- School Events Coordination
- Specials Coordination.
Secondary Areas of Responsibilities:
- Health and Safety
- School Ambassador
Recruitment And Talent Planning:
- Work with the Engagement Manager to evaluate School’s talent resources to meet current and future demands.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection process to fill job openings.
- Prepare new employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation, onboarding and training programs.
- Update job requirements and job descriptions for all current and future positions.
- Ensure the distribution with acceptance evidence of employee handbook.
- Regarding redundancy or performance concerns to avoid legal implications.
- Ensure proper documentation and onboarding of staff
- Ensure staff are developed in line with the core competencies required for their roles
- Develop a robust learning and development program to address soft and technical skills gaps.
- Manage a development, deployment and career management process in line with School’s talent management principles.
- Work with Head of HR to facilitate junior level soft skill trainings and workshops, delivering content as appropriate.
- Conduct training evaluations to assess the effectiveness of the training interventions.
Performance Management and Reward Systems:
- Work with the Head of HR to carry out the performance appraisal system of employees.
- Maintain an accurate record of performance management system that monitors performance and addresses under performance.
- Monitor the process and maintain records of employees’ punctuality
- Work with the Engagement Manager to process all terminations and redundancies benefits in line with legal requirement.
Employee Relations and Engagement:
- Participate in employee engagement system to encourage and gain employee commitment.
- Maintain a record of issues and resolutions in the case of employee grievances and complaints.
- Ensure staff comply with policies and procedures and issue relevant disciplinary action to defaulters
- Monitor the filing and retrieval process of past and current employees’ record.
- Monitor the record of individual employee progress against the organisation plans and key performance indicators, deploy appropriate actions and initiatives to build an engaged workforce.
- Ensure the welfare of staff and offer counselling when required
- Update staff employment records and database.
- Quality control of staff related matters.
- Involved in the collation and entry of data relating to areas of staff and parents information.
- Attend to Admissions enquiries and arrange pay dates
- Manage the application process for new families including application processing, answering questions, communicating clear expectations and maintaining the admissions database
- Follow up on enquiries and set up Parents interview.
- Upload and update Enquiries/Admissions Database
- Arrange student Admission letter and Parents orientation sessions.
- Follow Admissions standardised procedures and contribute to the effective development of best practice in terms of operation and delivery
- Be aware of our key messages and promises, and ensure these are consistently communicated to potential or existing parents;
- Keep up to date with market intelligence and report on the competitor landscape
Customer Service Duties:
- Work tirelessly towards ensuring all customer complaints are resolved.
- Build and develop strong and positive relations with other heads of department
- Attend to parent issues and give prompt response, solutions and comfort always.
School Records, Reports and IT Management:
- Assist Engagement Manager with creating, disseminating and archiving documentation, forms and templates.
- Manages and updates institutional policies , strategies and systems as needed in school handbooks.
- Involved in the collation and entry of data relating to various areas of school activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Humanities or other related field of study.
- A minimum of 1 year relevant experience in HR or Office Administration.
- Professional Certification in NIM, Management or any relevant certification.
Job Title: Front Office Assistant
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Pick up & Drop off
- Supervise cleaning
- Responsible for all photocopy task.
- Handle staff’s photocopying requests and photocopies documents when needed.
- Liaise with food vendors
- Handle and resolve students lunch issues with vendors.
- Ensures student’s lunch is properly distributed.
Pick up and Drop Off Duties:
- Carry out pick-up and drop-off duties
- Be sensitive to the needs of parents and be swift to respond.
- Help parents with handling their child/children when needed.
- Ensure students follow standard procedure of washing their hands in the morning before proceeding to their individual classes.
Cleaning and General Office Assistant Duties:
- Manage Medication request chart and ensure students on medication take their drugs as at when due.
- Work with Admin office to ensure Support Staff rota is updated in real time and supervise Support Staff with a view to ensuring that stop checks are ongoing as expected.
- Ensure parents waiting room is cleaned, fully stocked and ready for use daily.
- Monitor students’ activities during Specials, when needed.
- Ensure play ground is safe and ready for daily use.
- Generally, assist the Front Desk Officer, and Admin office when needed.
- Participate in stock take duties at the school store.
- A minimum of SSCE
- Minimum of two years of college or business school or any combination of education, training and experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position.
- Work confidentially with discretion.
- Perform a wide variety of clerical and secretarial duties to coordinate school office activities.
- Perform public relations and communication services for the Administration.
- Compose correspondence independently.
- Complete work with many interruptions and work independently.
- Maintain good public relations with students, parents, staff, and the public.
- Meet schedules and timelines.