Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN) is a local Non-governmental organization (NGO) in Nigeria with its head office in Kaduna. CCDRN partners with communities, philanthropists, government and donors to provide sustainable community development services in the areas of conflict resolution, peace building, economic empowerment, agriculture, health, education as well as governance. With funding from humanitarian donors for programs to engage in several interventions including but not limited to food assistance, livelihoods, cash transfers and capacity building of humanitarian response actors.
With the aim of scaling-up and expanding its humanitarian response in Northeast Nigeria to reach more beneficiaries with additional assistance in a wider geographic area, CCDRN seeks to recruit the services of a qualified personnel to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Livelihood Specialist
General Position Requirements
- The Livelihood specialist will be responsible for supporting activities in the intervention communities across Michika and Madagali LGAs with support to Yobe livelihood team.
- S/He will be responsible for supporting the implementation of strategic, impactful, and high-quality programming.
- The individual will report to the State Program manager and Livelihood Manager, while working collaboratively with ALL program staff.
- S/he will work extensively with other sectors to ensure that all livelihood activities are implemented successfully, timely and in accordance with donor’s requirement.
- Support project management and administration of livelihood related activities including beneficiary identification and validation, activity site allocation, planning and implementing the communal and individual activities, working with partners and facilitate monitoring.
- Contribute to all field work in collaboration with community and LGA stakeholders, providing professional skills and support towards all income generating activities.
- Working with the multi-functional team to assess the legal framework for the right to work and rights at work and recommend advocacy initiatives and policy reform to improve economic inclusion.
- Integrate community approaches, gender sensitivity, protection and capacity building into all livelihood activities as appropriate.
- Work with the M&E department in conducting monitoring and data collection, while assisting with specific surveys or assessments as needed.
- Contribute to providing the Livelihood Manager, State Program Manager and Project Development Officer with up-to-date information on the affected and targeted community.
- Ensure the cohesion of the overall livelihoods approach through a close working relationship with the livelihood teams in Yobe state.
- Contribute to applying well researched and thought out interventions to restart livelihood activities. Knowledge of the 3 W’s, the Where/Why/What strategy.
- Decide on the technical basis for the implementation, like through which tools, who are the recipients, what do they need in terms of distribution of activities, and where it will take place.
- Strengthen, guide and monitor the livelihoods interventions and ensure compliance with project Minimum Criteria for Livelihoods programming.
- Lead where necessary community meetings, advocacy and sensitizations to identify Livelihoods priorities. Stand as a focal person for CCDRN before community/association/group members.
- Perform other duties commensurate with the position.
- BA or BSC in relevant field required; MA / MSC / MBA or equivalent preferred in engineering, .
- Knowledge and understanding of the complexity related to refugee, IDP and situations in the Northeast.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working on economic development, economic development, livelihood enhancement, or poverty reduction preferably.
- Experience with conducting assessments, monitoring and evaluation and report writing required.
- Demonstrates training and facilitation experience, as well as skills in knowledge management.
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to travel within intervention locations.
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills
- Fluency in English and Hausa languages.
- The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude.
- Ideally s/he will have previous experience in working in large-scale emergency programs in insecure and conflict-affected contexts, including remote management and capacity development.
- S/he is a problem solver, who is adept in successfully dealing with issues of complexity.
- S/he is an active listener and contributor, working to create a strong team, share ideas and learn
Job Title: Capacity Building Advisor
Summary of Role
- The Capacity Building Advisor will be based at Kaduna office and function under the guidance and supervision of the Executive Director & Head of Program.
- S/he will lead the training and capacity building activities under the project and coordinate with the overall Project Team to accomplish the training objectives of project.
- Training Strategy and Planning and roll-out
- Lead development of capacity building strategy for CCDRN activities detailing the approach, processes at each level, methodologies and quality assurance mechanism
- Facilitate development of the training plan including budget and logistics requirements as per timelines detailed in the project work-plan
- Undertake Training Needs Assessment, as and when needed
- Lead development and finalization of training material in consultation with subject matter experts and other team members, as required
- Lead in organizing the ToTs for block capacity building personnel and the master trainers
- Create an effective monitoring mechanism for tracking training progress and coverage of trainees and a training evaluation system
- Establish a quality assurance mechanism and ensure compliance as per established norms
- Facilitate documentation of the training activities
- Prepare, present and submit training reports as per project requirements
- Undertake other tasks, as assigned by the supervisor, for accomplishment of the project objectives.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of experience or Master’s Degree and 3 years’ experience or PhD and 1 year of experience.
- Innovation- Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives that result in improvement of CCDRN’s performance and meeting objectives, results.
- Accountability-Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high quality results for CCDRN’s success.
- Service Excellence-Knowledge of and ability to put into action donors/partners service concepts, processes and techniques to access internal and/or external client needs and expectations and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly
- Effective Communication (Oral and Written)- Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
- Planning and Organizing- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed upon strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; and monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
- Interpersonal Relationships- Knowledge of and the ability to effectively interact within and across Divisions, Departments/Sub-offices in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Success Factors – Ideally s/he will have previous experience in working in large-scale emergency programs in insecure and conflict-affected contexts, including remote management and capacity development.
Job Title: National Finance Officer (NFO)
Reports to: Finance Manager
Scope of Work
- To manage day to day financial activities of CCDRN according to best practices and provide financial advices to management.
- To provide accounting and book-keeping services to donor’s operations and projects.
- To coordinate all regulatory and statutory filings.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the Organization, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Ensure partners or client’s accounts are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Ensure timely & accurate invoicing and proper archiving of financial records.
- Manage partners various income streams – individuals, funders etc.
- Manage donor’s budgets.
- Ensure weekly accounts reconciliation for the benefit of the senior management team and compliance unit.
- Develop a monthly management accounts for the Board.
- Produce quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Liaise with client’s auditors & tax consultants
- Track CCDRN’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to CCDRN
- Research and analyze financial reports and market trends
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Support development and maintain financial policies and procedures for CCDRN
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Perform any other duty commensurate with the position.
- A Bachelor’s degree (minimum of Second Class) in Accounting, Banking and Finance, or related courses
- Previous work experience in a similar role; superior mathematical skills
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns
- Experience in financial reporting for non-profit organizations
- Proficient user of Excel and QuickBooks, etc.
Required Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of data privacy standards
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and management skills
- Good problem solving and independent thinking skills
- Ability to work well with senior management, colleagues and the public
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Ability to plan, schedule and monitor work to meet deliverables in a timely manner
- High degree of trustworthiness, discretion & confidentiality
- Willingness to travel to any part of the country (especially, Northeast – Nigeria)
Deadline: 15th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only qualified candidates would be contacted