Ascentech Services Limited – Our client, a leading FMCG group, is seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Specialist (Land Disputes, Reclamation and Property Acquisition)
- We are looking to hire a qualified legal practitioner to oversee and manage its land acquisition, reclamation, ownership, disputes and property-related matters.
Education / Experience / General Requirements
- A degree in Law (LLB, BL). Master’s degree in Law (LLM) will be an added advantage.
- Admission as Notary Public is essential
- A professional certificate or qualification in a reputable institute will be preferred.
- Minimum 5 years post-call experience. Extensive experience and track record in handling and winning land dispute cases is an advantage.
- Experience in a manufacturing / factory environment will be an advantage.
- Prerequisite knowledge of Administrative, Communication, Political, Legal, Managerial and Information Management is necessary.
- Knowledge of Local, State and Federal Laws and Regulations is a MUST.
- Knowledge and command over relevant resources, community needs, internal & external customers, relevant stakeholders, and policies and procedures.
- Strong experience in land disputes, real estate law and industry knowledge that includes litigation, lease transactions, property management, and purchase and sale transactions.
- Solid experience in title insurance underwriting, curative and claims.
- Natural leader who displays sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Capable networker with excellent interpersonal, communication and public speaking skills.
- Monitor legal risk in land and property documentation and advise the company accordingly.
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for all land and property-related transactions.
- Mediate in and negotiate all land and property-related transactions.
- Draft memo(s), contracts and all land and property-related legal documentation and paperwork(s).
- Ensure that appropriate approvals are in place before all land and property-related transactions are executed.
- Manage regulatory and compliance-related issues.
- Represent the company in land ownership, property disputes, and/or land and property-related acquisition and sales matters.
- Responsible for all legal and general advisory needs related to or associated with a large-scale land and property portfolios.
Deadline: 31st January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position applied for in the email subject line.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.