Logistic and Procurement Assistant Vacancy at ZOA Nigeria
ZOA are an international NGO with its Head Quarters in The Netherlands. ZOA offer RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA want to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. ZOA work in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia and have approximately 1000 employees worldwide.
We are seek to employ qualified and motivated candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistic and Procurement Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
ZOA’s Programme in Nigeria
- ZOA started operations in Nigeria December 2016, supporting IDPs and returnees of Boko Haram affected states. In the selection of the beneficiaries, we pay careful attention to include the most vulnerable households. Continuously promoting community governance, inclusion, peace and stability in these fragmented and traumatized communities is a challenging but essential part of ZOA’s programme.
- ZOA currently have full team in Borno State; respond to the critical needs in Food Security and livelihood and Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
Purpose of the Position
- The Logistic and Procurement Officer is responsible for all financial systems of ZOA Nigeria in order to support smooth organisational functioning and effective project implementation. The position is based in Maiduguri.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To keep records of all procurement transactions according to ZOA Policy both electronically and manually.
- Ensure proper storage and warehousing of assets and programme stocks; including proper tracking of receiving and issuing of stocks.
- Assist with IT support, regular backup of staff Laptops in accordance with ZOA IT policy.
- Keep quarterly update of inventory list, physical stock/assets and office equipment count as per ZOA standard.
- Assist in security coordination, communication and implementation of local security plan within ZOA operational space.
- Proactively, communicate and advise logistic officer/supervisor on security issue and related matters.
- Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout ZOA. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of ZOA’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors
- Assist Logistic Officer in coordination and fleet management. Supervise drivers and ensure adherence to ZOA standard operating procedures relates to Local Security Plan both in Maiduguri and Field offices.
- Responsible for power supply and generator Maintenance both Maiduguri and Field offices.
- Assist in drivers training and supervision including but not limited to; vehicle maintenance, security and travel protocols, communication equipment etc.
- Assist in supervision and coordination of compound guards and security. Proactively, identify area of improvement and communicate to supervisor/line manager.
- Assist in the review of local security plan. Continue to support security risks assessment and help the development of appropriate security plans.
Requirements / Competencies
- University degree or equivalent (HND, BSc Management, Accountancy) BSc in supply chain or relevant field is an added advantage;
- Proven working experience of at least 1 – 2 years in the relevant field with at least 1 year with INGO;
- Good experience in IT-related matters.
- Affinity with development work and International NGO’s;
- Ability to write clear and concise reports;
- Excellent in English in reading, writing and speaking;
- Ability to speak one of the local languages (Kanuri, Hausa etc).
- Excellent computer skills (accounting systems, Excel, Word and power point).
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good planning and organizational skills;
- Analytical skills and accuracy
- Service-oriented attitude and strict to organisations and local policies, enactment or laws.
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
- Result-oriented in a team approach;
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting;
- Supplier and Contractors;
- Security focal points and community leaders
- Govt agencies and security agents
- Finance team and program staff;
- Security support team ZOA HQ;
- Internal auditor ZOA HQ;
Special Working Conditions
- Willingness to travel to other field offices, visit and train local partners. Willingness to accepts additional job responsibilities especially in emergency relief situations as and when requested to carry out any necessary tasks.
Deadline: 5:00pm; 27th January, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should forward their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com clearly indicate the position applying for in the subject line of application