Lagos Business School is committed to creating and transmitting management and business knowledge based on a Christian conception of the human person and of economic activity relevant to Nigeria and Africa at large. We strive to be a world class business school which will have a significant impact on the practice of management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics and Protocol Officer
Job Code: LPO20
Main Purpose of Job
- To manage routine administrative and support services for the smooth running of the office.
- Provide excellent logistics and protocol services for the School.
- Ensure that resources are efficiently optimized and administrative operational cost reduced.
- At least a university Degree or its equivalent in any field.
- Minimum of two years’ administrative/logistics experience in managing service providers and travel desk will be an advantage.
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizing and planning skills
- Team leadership
- Flexibility to work schedule
- Proficiency in the use of computer, Microsoft tools and the Internet
- Knowledge of business process review
- Customer services skills
- Negotiation skills
Key Job Responsibilities
- Implement and manage effective system for transport and logistics in the School. Responsible for arranging airport pick-ups, processing of vehicle papers, toll gate, overtime and per diem. Keeping and updating required records and reports.
- Suggest new vendors while managing existing relationships with service providers to ensure uninterrupted services delivery and value for money (e.g. Courier agencies; Car service and rental stations, etc).
- Responsible for the supervision of drivers and any other staff that may be assigned to the unit.
- Develop and implement proposals for service improvement. Track car millage and monitoring costs (keep vehicle maintenance log).
- Provide periodic budget spending report and other reports on request.
- Responsible for ensuring all the school’s vehicles are in good working condition.
- Monitor the activities of the mailing unit to ensure full compliance with procedures and processes.
- Provide liaison for processing of visas and travelling documents for staff on official trips.
- Responsible for the processing and booking of flight tickets in line with policy.
- Responsible for processing payments and follow-up with Accounts on all payments.
- Any other relevant duty that will be assigned by the line manager from time to time.
Deadline: Wednesday, 5th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate “LPO20” as “Job Code”.
Note: Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted. LBS offers equal employment opportunity.