Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Job at Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL)
Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: National Team Lead
Travel: Travel across project States in Nigeria
About the Program
Sahel, in collaboration with other partners, seeks to catalyze the local dairy sector in Nigeria in an inclusive way through a program that will improve the livelihoods, productivity, nutrition, and empowerment of smallholder female dairy farmers and the communities in which they live. The program will span 5 years and will:
- Advocate for an enabling environment for local sourcing through engagements with the government and relevant private sector stakeholders.
- Increase demand for locally sourced milk through partnerships with dairy processors currently or interested in sourcing locally.
- Improve smallholder dairy farmers’ productivity by increasing their access to technical support services and appropriate inputs.
- Empower women dairy farmers and enable them to improve their livelihoods and that of their households.
- Improve nutrition outcomes among smallholder dairy households through innovations in food systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer’s primary responsibilities are outlined below. S/he is however expected to perform any tasks that are necessary within the context of the evolving needs of the program.
- Support the National Team Lead in ensuring that the lessons learnt from ongoing program monitoring are incorporated into its implementation. Use adequate ICT solutions to ease the process of collecting, managing, analyzing and protecting program data.
- Support the National Team Lead in preparing program reports (monthly, quarterly, annually).
- Evaluation: Oversee program-wide assessments and surveys including baseline, midterm, and end line evaluative surveys. This might entail leading recruitment, orientation, deployment, and management of external consultants.
- Planning and Oversight: Ensure the development of strong M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools and efficient systems to ensure high-quality implementation of the program.
- Monitoring & Reporting: Support the National Team Lead to monitor the program implementation’s progress on a regular basis against donor and Sahel quality standards through monitoring visits, data quality audits, and spot checks.
- Directly Supervise Field Coordinators. Create opportunities for reflection and learning among M&E advisors and practitioners from partnering organizations supporting the program implementation.
- Share M&E learning and experiences in broader regional and global discussions, and with peer organizations
Minimum Required Skills & Experience
- Degree in Economics, Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics or a related discipline
- At least 3 years’ hands-on experience designing, developing, and using M&E systems in a complex, international organization and / or in large multifaceted programs.
- Demonstrated experience designing logical frameworks and using results-based frameworks and associated performance monitoring and evaluation plans
- Extensive experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis
- Experience in database design and other tools for information management
- Competent in MS Excel, word processing, PowerPoint and statistical software such as SPSS and STATA
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Good interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Fluency in the English language, and excellent writing and presentation skills
Personal Characteristics and Other Requirements:
- Excellent judgement.
- Ability to understand current issues quickly and make wise decisions
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate
- Willingness to travel to program locations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online