Nationwide Recruitment for Sourcing Agent at TBT Logistics Limited
TBT Logistics Limited is a registered company under the Corporate Affairs Commission with the RC No. 1445280 and the Nigeria Export Promotion Council with the RE No. 0002193.
TBT is an Agricultural Commodity Trading Company that was established for the sole purpose of Sourcing, Trading & Supply of agricultural commodities and making it available in large quantities for industrial usage(s). We have researched and understood the dynamics of the agro-industry and we have recognized the immense problems hindering effective agro-commodity distribution therein. To that effect, we are keen to become a major supplier in the industry. We believe the market is a growing one and with our growing pool of farmers, we are not only stationed to provide you with large quantities of Agro products but to provide top quality products.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sourcing Agent
- As a Sourcing Agent you will be responsible for handling the company’s end to end sourcing operations.
- The agent will be able to appraise and improve our sourcing activities by serving as the company’s direct link to the farmers in their terrain.
- Discover/source for trustworthy farmers in their terrain to partner with TBT Logistics Limited.
- Assist and ensure farmers complete their registration on TBT platform (http://www.tbt.com.ng/farmers)
- Support farmers to deliver products that meets the quality standards as established by the company.
- Provide weekly Status Report showing farmers and current price for each commodity.
- Generate and implement efficient sourcing and category management strategies.
- Analyze and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure.
- Invent negotiation strategies and secure profitable deals with farmers.
- Estimate risks and apply risk minimizing techniques.
- Provide written summaries of price negotiations with farmers including detailed itemized cost break down sheets.
- Send confirmatory pictures of product samples.
- Refrain from unlawful or fraudulent activities to avoid lawsuits.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of SSCE
- Must be living in a community where Farming is potent, for easy access to farmers
- Solid judgment with ability to make good decisions
- Requires ability to use the internet for emails and status reporting
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills required.
- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing and interpreting data.
- Integrity – Job requires being honest and ethical
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
- Dependability – Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfiling obligations
- Cooperation – Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a goodnatured cooperative attitude
- Self Control – Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in difficult situations.
Deadline: 1st February, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com with the Job Title as the subject of the email.