New Job Vacancies at Medecins du Monde (MdM), 28th January, 2020
Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Health Coordinator
Location: Damboa, Borno
- The Deputy Health Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of quality services in Damboa. Under the direct supervision of the Field/Health Coordinator, the Deputy Health Coordinator manages the operational and technical aspects of the implementation of the full package of medical services (Primary Health Care, Nutrition, GBV, MHPSS) in Damboa
Supervision of MdM clinics and medical services in Damboa:
- Ensure smooth organization of services on daily basis.
- Ensure that a proper patient flow is implemented and respecting confidentiality.
- Ensure that a proper communication and an integrated approach patient-centred are implemented within all services available.
- Ensure that following-up regarding drugs and consumption is implemented and collaboration in place to promote respect of protocols, especially linked with prescription.
- Support regular data collection and provide analysis of those data.
Supervision of health awareness and promotion in Damboa:
- Based on the needs and camps realities, define messages to be disseminated.
- With the support of the community outreach supervisor, define the health awareness / promotion approach to be implemented.
- Ensure that communities have a good understanding about MdM services.
- Promote the inclusion and active participation of communities (and their leaders) in the dissemination of the messages.
- Ensure quality of health awareness / promotion activities
Organisation of the referrals:
- Maintain a good collaboration with other partners with whom we work in terms of referrals (ex: IMC,) WHO…), with support of Health Coordinator.
- Ensure that referrals are organized in appropriate conditions.
- Make sure data regarding referral are available and provide analysis.
- Ensure the good coordination of her/his team, tasks delegation of her / his team to ensure the smooth running of the activities and good information sharing.
- Ensure timely flow of information within her / his team and the other departments.
- Ensure that medical and paramedics staff of Clinics respect their assigned tasks.
- Provide strong leadership to ensure Damboa Clinic staff understand and work according to MdM principles.
- Make sure tools developed at country level are known and implemented (SOPs, sensitization material…).
- Carry out appraisals as per MdM standard requirements and procedures. Define training needs, submit and/or organize training for the medical team in link with Medical Trainer /SRH.GBV Trainer and Health Coordinator.
- Responsible for capacity building and training of her / his team.
- Ensure and respect communication lines of the organizational chart / or Make sure that communication line among her / his team is respected.
Participate in reporting activities and coordination:
- Prepare a weekly activity report to submit to Program Coordinator.
- Compile epidemiological reports for inclusion in medical reports or any other relevant reports.
- Participate in MdM internal meetings (general coordination, medical, security…).
- Attend to external medical meetings upon Program Coordinator request.
- Actively coordinate with other humanitarian actors working in the same camps to promote synergies.
Finance and Logistics:
- Ensure all procurements required for the good implementation of activities in the clinics are submitted to the logistics department on time and are followed up.
- As budget holder, monitor closely all budget lines related to clinics activities, ensure that her /his budget is well respect, and express to Program Co any issues.
- Actively participate to the update of the budget forecast based on planning of activities, to make sure that financial resources are available on time.
This list of activities is not exhaustive and may change depending on the situation.
Hierarchical and Functional links
- The Deputy Health Coordinator is under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator and Technically to the Health Coordinator.
- S/he manages directly the head of medical supervisor, and community mobilization supervisor.
- S/he work in close collaboration (functional links) with the pharmacist coordinator, M&E supervisor, GBV and MHPSS Supervisors and Emergency Response Team.
- Qualified and registered National Medical Doctor from a recognized university with a valid practicing license from Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN).
- At least 4 years of progressive work experience with similar role as a Mobile clinic physician.
- Demonstrated understanding of the INGO systems and structure.
- Previous work with humanitarian organizations is added plus.
Job Title: Pharmacist
Location: Damboa, Borno
Under the supervision of the pharmacy Coordinator, the pharmacist will be responsible for the following main activities in link with MdM procedures:
- Implementing a quality drugs supply system in line with MdM standards
- Implementing an effective stock management
- Reception and preparation of orders
- Collection and analysis of drugs consumption
- Reporting and attending to different meetings
- Support to health facilities and mobile clinics
Implementing a quality drugs supply system in line with MdM standards:
- Participate in analysis of needs, preparation of regular forecasts, calculation of replenishment orders and buffer stocks and initiating timely procurement of medical supplies in collaboration with the medical coordinator
- Anticipate needs for medical supplies and assist in defining and implementing strategy for local procurement if necessary in collaboration with HealthCo
- Alert the HealthCo as soon as the buffer stock will be used
- Checks quality of drugs are in line with MDM internal, and national regulations during the procurement process
- Participate on evaluation of potential local suppliers according to MdM standards (QUAMED) on request of medical coordinator.
Implementing an effective stock management:
- Create a pharmacy with appropriate storage, receiving and packing space and allowing to conduct a full medical inventory
- Organize the drugs storage according to international standards (route of administration, alphabetical order of International Non-proprieraty Name, FEFO principle, clear labeling with INN + dosage + pharmaceutical form + expiry date)
- Organise drugs and medical supplies for easy distribution and appropriate stock movement records
- Organize a monthly physical inventory and provide the stock balance at the end of each month to medical coordinator
- Monitor temperature of the pharmacy and fridge on a daily basis
Reception and preparation of orders:
- Check quantities and quality of the received items
- Make out an acknowledgement of receipt for logistics departement and HQ
- Integrate all the items into physical stock
- Fill in the stock cards for all the items as the electronic file (Sagastock)
- Prepare and distribute the drugs according the field requests and projects needs
- Check the rationality of the requests
- Pack supply requests from the supported facilities and mobile clinics in a timely way
- Update the stock cards and the electronic file (Sagastock) according to the stock movements
- Do a feedback to MedCo in case of any problem with the orders
Collection and analysis of drugs consumption:
- Ensure that updated stock and consumption records can be provided upon request for any reporting
- Assist in development and implementation of drug consumption tools in supported facilities and mobile clinics.
- Monitor the drug consumption by establishing/maintaining mechanisms of consumption record and inform medical manager in case of any unusual consumption
Support to health facilities and mobile clinics:
- Collaborate closely with and build the capacities of dispensers of supported health facilities and mobile clinics
- Conduct on the job training for dispensers in MDM supported clinics
- Upon request, organize trainings on drug prescription and drug rationalisation for mobile clinic staff
- Help to assess needs in health facilities and mobile clinics related to drugs storage and dispensation. Propose and fulfil any necessary changes required
Reporting and attendance to different meetings:
- Prepare a weekly activities report to submit to head med supervisor
- Compile drug consumption per month and per health facility and mobile clinic
- Participate in a pro-active way to MdM internal meetings (medical, logistics security…)
- Establish good relationship with the different stakeholders in order to have a smooth implementation of MdM project
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem in the field
- Perform other additional duties on request of the medical manager and coordination team
- Experience in similar position for at least 3 years
- Good knowledge in dispensing and medical stock management
- Capacities in team management
- Strong sense of responsibilities and organization skills
- Strong work ethic and rigor
- Languages (spoken and written): English, Kanuri and Hausa
- Excel and word
- Team player
Deadline: 11th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one single attachment via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicate “Deputy Health Coordinator Damboa” as the subject of your application.
Note: Applications without the above subject will not be treated.