Aspilos Charity & Development Foundation also known as Aspilos Foundation (AF) is a non-governmental, non-political and not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of human life.
We envision an Africa in which young people are active and responsible citizens of their societies and are empowered to create opportunities that lead to economic progress for themselves and the society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Numbers and Operations Specialist
Category: Accounting & Bookkeeping
Level: Recent Graduate
Job Type: Full-Time
Duration: Full time / Long-term
- Manage all accounting operations based on accounting principles
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analysing and documenting account information.
- Maintain accounting controls by researching, preparing, recommending and interpreting accounting policies, procedures and regulations.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising Aspilos management on needed actions.
- Analyse financial forecasting and risk analysis.
- Offer suggestions about resource utilisation, tax strategies and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Design and administer benefits and compensation and interface with benefits broker regularly on benefit-related issues
- Compile and summarise current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, budgets, business plans, commentaries, financial statements and other reports.
- Analyse trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies and insolvency cases by collecting and analysing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing database backups.
- Administer payrolls, control income and expenditure and prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Forecast business operations requirements; prepare budgets; schedule expenditures; analyse variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Execute administrative tasks as assigned including booking travel, scanning personal invoices, managing calendars, and appointments, etc.
- Maintain office services by organising operations & procedures; controlling correspondence; reviewing & approving supply requisitions; and managing vendors
- Manage correspondence & communication with distributed staff & distributed offices, promoting the importance of inclusivity, consistency, & culture
- Manage office facilities and vendors (landlord, janitorial, utilities etc)
- Develop operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements
- Analyse process workflow, employee and space requirements and equipment layout; implement changes
- Ensure that every employee has all the work tools required to get work done and that the tools are kept in working condition
- Design and maintain a positive, safe and healthy office environment following global best practice in context of the organisation’s uniqueness
- Determine availability of systems and IT network application process.
- Administer and provide upgrade to systems and escalate issues.
- Collect and analyse the business data from various departments to prepare reports and presentations for management.
- Develop strong working relationships with senior management and administrative personnel for effective and smooth operations.
- Plan and organise trainings, leadership meetings, conferences and workshops
- Minimum Qualification: OND
- Minimum years of experience: 1-2.
- We value the different and unique perspectives that everyone brings our team, we are not trying to clone ourselves over and over.
- You must, however, be empathetic, loyal, curious, open to learning and happy to contribute to the growth of the team. You must be a self-motivated person who is patient and loves solving problems.
- We are not necessarily looking for people who are already experts in the roles needed, we do not mind teaching you and helping you become an expert on the job so do not let your skill level discourage you from applying. Read our playbook to find out more about what we are like. If what you read in there resonates with you, then you should apply.
Our Ideal Person Must:
- Be strong with numbers and pay attention to details
- Be ready to continuously learn
- Be good with research
- Be able to work remotely and independently
- Must be tech savvy.
Deadline: 25th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online