Recent Job Opportunities at VFD Group, 5th January, 2020
VFD Group is an alternative financial service holding company that creates value by working within Nigeria’s informal financial sector to create innovative products and solutions that are accessible to the everyday Nigerian.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Manager
Reports To: MD/CEO
- Responsible for overall strategy, design, business development potential and delivery through strategic collaboration and partnership with relevant channels.
- Coordinate all activities to ensure significant contribution to the company’s profitability objectives by identifying, deploying and engaging relevant platforms that ultimately maximize market penetration, growth, visibility and profitability
- Design and implement innovative products to drive strategic collaboration and partnership within the markets.
- Oversee the articulation and implementation of effective strategies targeted at the company’s business partnerships that maximize market penetration, customer growth, and profitability
- Leverage competitive intelligence and marketplace trends to provide insights and implement innovative products for profitability and market visibility.
- Coordinate all activities and collaboration to meet customer acquisition and revenue growth targets.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to manage and direct all aspects of the business digitally. This includes strategizing, planning, developing and executing content plans, overseeing the generation of promotional materials and campaigns, monitoring performance analytics, website traffic and product performance
- Design and deploy products targeted at various digital platforms that will ultimately maximize market penetration, growth, and profitability.
- Embed customer segmentation, consumer learning to understand how to deliver the right products to the right individual at the right time for a superior experience.
- Supervise the research and information gathering effort and ensure conduction of feasibility study in order to assess viability of product offerings.
- Provide innovative insights and make contributions and suggestions for product development.
- Market Intelligence / Business environment monitoring
- Keep abreast of global and local practices as it relates to the function’s operations. Gather intelligence on the preferences and behavioural patterns of the diverse markets within the Nigerian operating environment and proffer recommendations to the Executives.
- Actively coordinate the development of a viable, market penetration and market share acquisition framework targeted at the various customer segment (i.e. corporates/institutions, and individuals) including platforms such e-commerce, and other industries.
- Obtain market information and seek client feedback for process optimization.
- Design and implement collaboration activities targeted at specific customers, corporates and platforms that would maximize the Company’s market potentials and ultimately the strategic positioning of the brand.
- Develop propositions for promotional campaigns targeted at partnership with various market segment aimed at acquiring new customers and stimulating usage among existing customers.
- Develop multi-channel marketing campaigns to drive relationships with existing customers, new customers and within the digitally enabled prospects.
- Liaise with other internal stakeholders in defining effective e-channel to implement approved propositions.
- Meet financial targets across the different KPIs and other assignments as may be discussed with management
- Identify emerging technologies, developments and innovations and how they can be applied to the company’s business development drive. Propose creative and innovative business development digital solutions.
- Identify required resources, personnel, funding to achieve the unit/ team’s strategy.
- Provide such information to the MD and the Executives as required in order to assess the performance of the business and achievement of agreed strategy and budget.
- Carry out all other tasks as assigned from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators
Financial Target (NON-CORE):
- As contained on SharePoint
- Percentage achievement with partnership creation
- Percentage growth of partnerships and platforms
- Number and quality of innovations in product development
- Percentage achievement of set target to achieved sales goal
- Turnover of reports delivery with minimal error
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Visionary and Inventive
- Technology Savvy
- Data analytics
- Relationship Management Skill
- Negotiation Skills
- Product development
Other required skills:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- An analytical approach to work
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence others
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise
- The ability to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships
- Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills; a good team player
- Strong customer focus
- Commercial acumen and sound business awareness
Specification / Qualification
- First Degree, BSc from a reputable institution
- Msc or MBA in Sales or Marketing
- Minimum 8 years work experience as a product manager
- Proven experience in digital space, e-commerce, and telemarketing
- Qualifications and membership in relevant professional body
Job Title: Legal and Compliance Officer
Functions & Responsibilities
- Prepare a legal and regulatory compliance checklist and check for 100% compliance;
- monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action;
- Liaising with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors;
- Ensure that none of the policies and procedures of the Company and its related activities is illegal, unethical, or improper;
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies and procedures by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures;
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability develop/implement corrective action plan for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Manage interactions/ correspondence with regulators and relevant legal agent
- Offer dispute resolution advice including matters of recovery claims and actions;
- Liaising with external Lawyer representing the Company in any form of dispute;
- Handle all default related litigations
- Drafting and review of contracts, including but not limited to contracts for provision of goods and services; acquisition of goods and services, partnership contracts, etc;
- Ensure legal documentation of transaction executed by the company;
- Ensure appropriate execution and monitor implementation of
- Provide Legal advise on the relevant laws and regulations as it concerns the business of the Company;
- Draft Legal Opinions when requested.
- Ensure effective and efficient filing system
- Ensure proper custody of sensitive documents
- Ensure proper titles and ownership of Group’s assets.
Key Performance Indicators
- Ensure zero penalty in regulatory filings, and ensure filings are done on the due date provided there are no operational constraints
- Communication of changes in relevant legislation and actions taken to ensure implementation and compliance within 48 hours of such change.
- Raise a red flag within an hour of detecting unethical, illegal or improper activities.
- Maintain all document/ correspondences in the compliance files.
- Ensure response to correspondence within 24 hours
- Draft and Review contracts/ agreements within 48 hours of request.
- Profer advise within the stipulated timeline.
- Ensure document is released within 10 minutes of request.
- Ensure documents are not released without appropriate authorization.
Skills / Competence Requirements
- Planning and good book keeping skill
- Proactive and analytical skills
- Good relationship management
- Good communication skills.
- Integrity and Accuracy
- Knowledge of regulations and policies relevant to the company business
- Research and analytical skills
- Good relationship Management skills
- Drafting skills, practical knowledge of contract, analytical skills accuracy and time management skills
- In-depth understanding of company internal operations and structure
- Proactive Attitude
- Analytical skills / Problem solving
- Resilience, Tenacity and Integrity,
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in team
- Communication (oral & written)
- Good multitasking capabilities
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft
- Minimum of a first degree in Law, must have be called to the Nigerian bar.
- Professional Membership
- Must be a member of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA)
- A recognised professional certification will be an added advantage
Deadline: 9th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.