Social Worker Job at Medecins Sans Frontieres – Spain
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Worker
Location: Gwoza, Borno
Report to: Community Engagement Activity Manager/Field Coordinator
Report to (functional) : Community Engagement Activity Manager/Field Coordinator
Working Hours: 48 Hours per week
No of Places: 01
Contract Duration: 6 months
- Carry out all social-related activities, in order to ease the individual/patient’s situation, to maximize his/her adherence to treatment and/or to improve his/her psychosocial condition
- Identify social needs of individuals/patients through a social assessment. • Respond to the patient’s social needs, according to the scope of the project, by giving direct social support (as transport, food, legal advice,…) and/or refer to other social actors, in order to actively contribute to the improvement of their quality of living.
- Mapping and regular update of social partners, local authorities, other NGOs, and governmental social services in order to improve social services scope and responsiveness.
- Maintaining the network and cooperating closely with relevant medical facilities, officials, institutions, NGOs and indicating possible local actors or local NGOs which could be involved in awareness activities at a local level.
- Inform line manager all-important information expressed by the individual/communities, ensuring confidentiality at all times.
- Contact individuals/patients to follow up the evolution of their condition when needed (home visits).
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for the activities of social workers.
- Keep records, statistic and files updated, reporting any social activity, in order to prioritize and develop appropriate programs or projects.
- Take care of social services facilities, materials and equipments in order to ensure continuity.
- Supervising and providing guidance to the team in charge of New arrivals activities/protection, assisting them in collect information, socio-educational activities, planning their schedule and in organizing efficient coverage.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities:
- Focal Point for New arrivals Activities/Protection.
- Supervise the New arrival process (NFI, medical and psychosocial support to be given by MSF).
- Making the link with other NGOs and facilities to be sure New arrivals are effectively receiving support.
- Make the link between Emir Palace and hospital for protection/SGBV cases.
- Raise detention/protection issues to Field coordinator.
- Work with data entry to ensure information from questionnaires are properly filled.
- Essential degree in Social Work.
- Two years minimum in a similar social job mandatory
- Experience with MSF or other NGOs will be an asset (> 6 months)
- Essential English and Hausa. Desirable Kanuri and Mandra
- Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service.
NGN 3,014,622 (Annual basic salary +13th month) As per the MSF salary scale (National contract)
Deadline: 27th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, motivation letter, copies of credentials and copy of the NYSC certificate (only PDF or Word) either by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the “Job Title and Reference ID” as the subject of your mail.
In person to MSF SPAIN Office at GWOZA-PRO LGA, Borno State
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Applications are non-returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials.
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.