Centre for Global Solutions and Sustainable Development (CENGSSUD) is a multi-focused/dimensional Think-Tank and a not-for-profit making organisation with the primary objective of advancing sustainable development and contributes to seeking practical and workable solutions to the world’s global issues through research, policy development/analysis, advocacy, advisory, capacity development and partnerships. We define sustainable development as the pursuit of four societal objectives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sustainability Intern
Duration: 6 Months Internship
About the Internship Opportunity
- Centre for Global Solutions and Sustainable Development(CENGSSUD) is seeking exceptional candidates to join as Sustainability Interns
- Given CENGSSUD’s ongoing commitment to sustainability and creating sustainable solutions, it is an exciting and dynamic time to contribute as we seek to expand on our efforts
- The role requires persons with a sustainable development, environmental, CSR, etc. backgrounds and experience in the corporate environment, who is also an energetic self-starter and highly collaborative individual.
- The Sustainability Intern position is based in Lagos.
- These persons will be part of a highly collaborative team responsible for researching and developing a plan for an enhanced sustainability programs, initiatives, projects and opportunities
- Identify sustainability issues, concerns, and stakeholder interests in relevant capacities
- Research on sustainable initiatives, solutions, projects etc along with policies needed to achieve long-term sustainability
- Collect and analyze information on best practices in our industry and across other industries
- Develop a robust library of resources to aid in educating others at the organisation
- Create a proposal for our sustainability strategy, including potential programs, initiatives, engagement opportunities and partnerships
- Coordinate with various teams to design plans for environmental impact reduction
- Support key business partners in understanding the impact of potential sustainability efforts, including but not limited to Corporate Social Responsibility, ESG, Strategic Sourcing, Premises, Information Technology, Global Administration, and more
- Establish framework for monitoring overall sustainability goals and achieving them with targets
- Assist in the design of financial analysis and modeling, conducting due diligence, and creating deliverables to quantify impact of sustainability efforts
- Determine key metrics to use in reporting
- Create sustainability databases
Skills & Experience Required
- A graduate qualification in the Sustainable Development, Environmental Management / Science, and any other relevant fields can apply
- Excellent judgment; ability to prioritize work, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines
- Innovative and creative approach to problem-solving
- Strong work ethic, action-oriented, and highly collaborative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated commitment to the environment; content knowledge around CSR and sustainability
- Good research skills (both quantitative and qualitative)
- Understanding of corporate ESG issues including energy, greenhouse gas emissions, water, and waste, Labour, health, safety, governance, SDGs etc.
What you will achieve!
- Through our Sustainability Academy, we shall train you in wide area of Corporate Sustainability topics/courses and get certificates
- Opportunity to learn practical Sustainability Advisory/Consulting skills from our Advisors
- Ability to engage in our projects and get remunerations
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally with our sustainability Advisory and Academy team
- Ability to get quality and career impacting resources from the pool of our sustainability library
- Ability to get permanent job with us if shown commitment, capacity, dedication and drive performance/results.
- And many more rewarding opportunities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online