Vacancies in an Automobile Company in Lagos, 15th January, 2020
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client is an Automobile company. Due to internal expansion and re-structuring, they are recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Automotive Workshop Supervisor
- The Automotive Workshop Supervisor would ensure that all vehicles are serviced and reconditioned in accordance with the company’s service standards and that pro-active planned maintenance is carried out continuously.
- Total responsibility for Mechanical and Body shop detailing and quality delivery
- Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labor allocation for day to day operations.
- Co-ordinate resources, (operational and human) schedules and activities to effectively manage the Workshop.
- To act as a technical expert in the workshop advising staff on the tasks that needs to be accomplished.
- Record observations and findings during diagnostics run and decide on the correct method of repair, as necessary.
- Ensure all vehicles are serviced in accordance with the company’s standards & that pro-active planned maintenance is carried out continuously.
- Ensure operational safety and compliance with environmental laws and regulations.
- To Control Workshop tools & accessories inventories as well as keeping up to date with new technology.
- Delegate daily duties and supervise all work being carried out by the workshop staff.
- Control workshop tools and accessories inventory as well as keeping up to date with new technology tools that could be purchased by the company.
- Detail oriented and capable of delivering high quality outputs
- Ability to effectively communicate timelines and project progress with both internal and external management teams
- A start-up personality; entrepreneurial, ambitious, independent, detail oriented, proactive, flexible, and resilient
- Excellent problem solving and analytical ability in cross-functional and multi-cultural environment; able to define problems, collect relevant data, extract meaning, and draw valid conclusions
- Identify skills gap and advise the management on areas to train the staff to improve technical knowledge and job performance of workshop staff.
- To ensure workshop staff wear protective clothing (PPEs) at all times while in the workshop floor including all non-workshop/technical staff.
- Organize all customer rescue missions ensuring all resources and authorization required is acquired within the shortest time possible.
- Ensure properly documented job cards with clear instructions are opened for every repair / service / rescue job to be undertaken by the workshop staff and that all required information on each job card is properly maintained.
- To ensure that all vehicles are serviced in accordance with the company’s service standards and that pro-active planned maintenance is carried out continuously.
- Ensure vehicles are mechanically sound and available for test before delivery to customer.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Automotive Option) / Grade Test 1. Degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 3-5 years relevant experience in motor vehicle service / mainstream motor dealer
- Must have previously held a supervisory role.
- Proficiency in computer packages e.g. Word, Excel
- The ideal candidate should have a track record of academic and professional achievement and demonstrate a strong business acumen and passion for after sales services.
- He or she should combine expertise in workshop management with exceptional communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills as well as on-the-ground pragmatism and patience necessary to manage ambiguities involved with an early-stage venture in a developing country. Most of all, they should demonstrate integrity and accountability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong rapport with others
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
Job Title: Lube Attendant (Wheel Alignments and Tyre Services)
Nature of Job: Full Time
- To ensure that all vehicles are serviced and reconditioned in accordance with the company’s service standards and that pro-active planned maintenance is carried out continuously.
- Applying lubricants to the moving parts of vehicle engines to prevent premature engine wear and ensure optimal engine performance.
- Lubricating wheel bearings to prevent excessive tyre wear.
- Performing engine cleanings to prevent rust formation.
- Replacing cabin, fuel, air, and oil filters as required.
- Performing tyre rotations to ensure even tyre wear.
- Testing tyre pressure and adding air as needed.
- Thoroughly inspecting customers’ vehicles for oil leaks.
- Making recommendations for additional servicing based on initial vehicle inspections.
- Notifying the Service Advisor when vehicle maintenance or servicing cannot be completed within
- scheduled timeframes.
Qualification / Requirements
- High School Diploma or Trade Test
- Completion of a postsecondary education Lube Technician program.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification is advantageous.
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience in automotive maintenance and repair.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
Deadline: 27th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- The body of the mail should outline Total years of relevant experience to the role, Location and Age.
- Please read Role necessities very carefully and apply if qualified.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- If after 2 weeks of application you do not hear from us, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.