Rovedana Limited – Our client, a high growth off-grid energy company based in Nigeria with ambition to expand to other emerging markets is looking to employ qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vice President – Supply Chain
- As VP, Supply Chain, you will direct the company’s overall supply chain operations, including procuring and inventory of materials, selection of vendors, and distribution of materials and products.
- Evaluates past performance data to forecast needs and demand planning. Develops strategic plans to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations.
- As a key member of the management team, you will work with the Chief Operating Officer and contribute at a strategic level to the growth strategy and product development.
- This position will lead and direct all facets of supply chain management including, but not limited to, purchasing, logistics, warehousing, inventory management, material forecasting, capacity planning and sourcing, master scheduling, inventory control and financial costing, as necessary for JIT materials support to operational process.
You’ll focus on:
- Forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials and products.
- Monitor forecast and quotas to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities.
- Monitor external affairs or events affecting supply chain and business operations.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost, quality and warranty claim.
- Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, production, or quality assurance.
- Negotiate contracts, prices, and terms including letter of credits, Bill for collection with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders.
- Build and/or improve credit terms with vendors and /or export credit agencies.
- Proven track record of providing financial leadership and aligning business and finance strategy to deliver profitable growth.
- Design or implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- Develop and constantly update approved vendor list (AVL) assessing performance and ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, materials requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, or receiving.
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions or new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material or production flow.
- Implement transportation changes to reduce environmental impact.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as procurement, engineering, and quality assurance, to identify new suppliers.
- Develop or implement procedure or systems to evaluate or select suppliers.
- Document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, or system flows.
- Develop material costs forecasts or standard cost lists.
- Assess appropriate material handling equipment needs and staffing levels to load, unload, move or store materials.
- Design or implement plant warehousing strategies for production materials or finished products.
- Appraise vendor manufacturing and warranty fulfillment ability through on-site visits and measurements.
- Diagram supply chain models to help facilitate discussions with customers.
- Doing everything else as assigned by your line manager.
Requirements and Skills
You’ll be a good fit for this role if you have experience with:
- Industry/role specific: Excellent understanding of the utility industry, consumer oriented hardware product and experience in evaluating and implementing renewable energy services to customers. Solid understanding of the renewable energy marketplace. Understands market dynamics as well as the legal and regulatory landscape.
- Function Specific: Broad knowledge of P&L, Balance Sheet and ROI
- Management and Leadership: Ability to maintain a work environment and develop staff actions and activities with a focus on the ftre along with a sense of urgency towards current business activities that should align with the anticipated future business climate.
- Education and Experience: A university degree and MSc. or equivalent experience.
- 12+ years experience and at least five years in a senior management role
We’d also like to see:
- Prior experience building technology products from ideation and design stages to scaling up
- Strong working knowledge of supply chain management principles, ERP, WMS, transport routing software and Lean implementation.
- Senior level supply chain and logistics experience with a track record of operational service level and efficiency improvement
- Proven ability to lead and manage complex projects within timeline and budgetary constraints across functional areas
- Strong analytical skills and excellent judgment.
- You bring a problem-solving mindset to any challenging situation.
- Your ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information
- Collaborative mindset and entrepreneurial spirit
- You deliver against set objectives while operating on some occasions in stressful situations
- You deal with shifting priorities and issues inherent to a high growth organization
- Your ability to communicate both in written and oral presentations
- Have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
Deadline: 8th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.