Towlab Global Ventures is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Waiter / Waitress
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software,order slips or by memorization
- Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drink orders
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
- Follow all relevant health department regulations
- Provide excellent customer service to guests
- Proven work experience as a Waiter or Waitress
- Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system (e.g. Revel POS or Toast POS)
- Basic math skills
- Attentiveness and patience for customers
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Team spirit
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- High school diploma; food safety training is a plus
Job Title: Hotel Manager
- We are seeking a professional and customer-focused Hotel Manager to oversee our hotel operations.
- In this position, you will direct the day-to-day operations and activities at the hotel as well as provide strategic direction.
- You will plan and supervise the activities of an extensive and diverse workforce to ensure the smooth and profitable running of business.
- Your duties will include managing personnel, collecting payments, monitoring budgets, and evaluating hotel performance.
- Oversee personnel including receptionist, kitchen staff, and office employees.
- Monitor employee performance and conduct regular evaluations to help improve customer service.
- Collect payments and maintain records of budgets, funds, and expenses.
- Welcome and register guests once they arrive.
- Resolve issues regarding hotel services, amenities, and policies.
- Organize activities and assign responsibilities to employees to ensure productivity.
- Create and apply a marketing strategy to promote the hotel’s services and amenities.
- Coordinate with external parties including suppliers, travel agencies, and conference planners.
- Evaluate hotel performance and ensure compliance with health and safety rules.
- Partake in financial activities including establishing room rates, setting budgets, and assigning funds to departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Business Administration or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in hotel management or similar role.
- Strong understanding of hotel management best practices and data entry software.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Exceptional leadership abilities with great attention to detail.
Job Title: Porter
- Primarily responsible to Greet and welcome all guest to the hotel and relieve guests of their luggage on arrival. You will ensure that the highest standards of hospitality and welcome are demonstrated at all times, and that all guest requests are dealt with in a prompt and courteous manner.
- In Addition to assist guests with luggage, Porters also deal with general enquiries and ensure the lobby and forecourt areas are always clean and tidy.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Checks the daily arrival list for VVIP’s or guests with special need.
- To be present at the Concierge/Reception desk to be ready to assist guests, colleagues and visitors when requested.
- Ensure collection and delivery of guest luggage and equipment in an efficient and timely manner.
- Assists guests with luggage to the front desk.
- Escorts guests to room, placing luggage in room assigned by front desk.
- Inspects guest room for order and adequate supplies and informs guests of room amenities
- Ensure the efficient delivery and collection of group luggage.
- Ensure that the guest has verified that all luggages have been accounted for.
Job Title: Guest Service Agent
- We are seeking a friendly, organized hotel receptionist to join our growing team. In this position, you will welcome guests to our hotel, making future reservations for them, and generally attending to any needs during their stay. The ideal candidate will be committed to ensuring that guests experience maximum satisfaction, presenting an excellent image of our hotel that leaves a lasting impression.
- Greet hotel guests; answer any questions or concerns.
- Deliver excellent customer service, at all times.
- Assist in keeping the hotel reception area clean and tidy, at all times.
- Deal with all enquiries in a professional and courteous manner, in person, on the telephone or via e-mail.
- Operate computer programs and multi-line phone systems
- Maintain guest records and book reservations
- Complete basic cashier and bookkeeping responsibilities
- Contact necessary staff to solve problems when challenges arise, ensuring guest comfort.
- Keep up to date with current promotions and hotel pricing, to provide information to guests, on request, while maximizing bedroom sales opportunities.
- Fulfill all reasonable requests from guests to ensure their comfort, satisfaction and safety.
- Conduct regular security checks throughout the day and report any security issues to line manager.
- Report any maintenance issues immediately to line manager, including all furniture, fittings and equipment.
Job Title: HR Manager
- We are looking for a HR Manager to lead the HR team. You will take ownership of all HR matters across the company from recruitment to performance reviews, wage reviews, disciplinary action, and learning and development.
- To perform well in this role you should have experience as a HR Manager, or other senior roles in the HR team, and knowledge around all legal requirements in this role.
- Consistently recruiting an excellent staff.
- Maintaining a smooth onboarding process.
- Training, counseling and coaching our staff.
- Resolving conflicts through positive and professional mediation.
- Carrying out necessary administrative duties.
- Conducting performance and wage reviews.
- Developing clear policies and ensuring policy awareness.
- Creating clear and concise reports.
- Giving helpful and engaging presentations.
- Maintaining and reporting on workplace health and safety compliance.
- Handling workplace investigations, disciplinary and termination procedures.
- Maintaining employee and workplace privacy.
- Leading a team of junior human resource managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent.
- Experience in human resources or related field.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues.
- Experience in educating and coaching staff.
- Experience in conflict resolution, disciplinary processes and workplace investigations.
- Experience in following and maintaining workplace privacy.
- Ability to give presentations.
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety laws.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Job Title: Cook
- We are looking for a skilled Cook to prepare delicious meals according to menu. You will cook dishes that will delight our customers with their taste and timely delivery.
- An excellent cook must be able to follow instructions in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals. They must be deft in moving around the kitchen and apt in multi-tasking. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important.
- The goal is to help preserve and enhance our reputation so we can expand our clientele.
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages.
- Proven experience as cook
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent physical condition and stamina
- High school diploma or equivalent; Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage.
Job Title: House Keeper
- We are looking for a professional Housekeeper able of attending to our facilities with integrity and attention to detail.
- The goal is to create a clean and orderly environment for our guests that will become a critical factor in maintaining and strengthening our reputation.
- Perform a variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, dusting and polishing
- Ensure all rooms are cared for and inspected according to standards
- Protect equipment and make sure there are no inadequacies
- Notify superiors on any damages, deficits and disturbances
- Deal with reasonable complaints/requests with professionalism and patience
- Check stocking levels of all consumables and replace when appropriate
- Adhere strictly to rules regarding health and safety and be aware of any company-related practices
- Proven experience as a cleaner or housekeeper
- Ability to work with little and maintain a high level of performance
- Customer-oriented and friendly
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Working quickly without compromising quality
- Knowledge of English language
- High school diploma
Deadline: 28th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: email@example.com clearly indicating the “Job Title” as the subject of your mail