Nigeria LNG (NLNG) Limited invites entries for The Nigeria Prize for Science, in line with its vision of helping to build a better Nigeria. This annual prize for science is endowed by Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) to recognise outstanding scientific achievements by Nigerians and non-Nigerians alike for advancing scientific solutions to prescribed problems afflicting Nigeria, as captured by the theme of the year. The winner(s) would receive an award of one hundred thousand US dollars ($100,000.00).
Entries are invited for:
Title: The Nigeria Prize for Science 2020
Theme:The theme for the 2020 competition is: Innovations In Sustainable Food Security.
- Improvement in food production with adequate nutritional values that meet the needs of the population
- Processes in food production and food process technologies
- Organic food preservation technologies
- The award is open to scientists worldwide (Nigeria and non Nigerians) involved in the application of science to proffer innovations in sustainable food security.
- The work should be of outstanding merit and should have advanced the frontiers of knowledge and /or provided an innovative solution in the area of sustainable food security.
- The submission for consideration must be original and indicate the specific area of merit; and all submissions must relate to that particular area.
- All materials in support of the entry must be submitted ith the time stipulated.
- Applicants must complete and submit their entries online accompanied by an application form obtainable online from the NLNG website or by clicking the Application Form Download Link Below.
- Members of the Advisory Board or Panel of Judges or their relatives are not allowed to enter their works for the Science Prize during their year of service as well as the following year.
- NLNG staff or their family members are ineligible to enter for the prize.
- The prize will be awarded for no other reason than excellence
- As the intention is to recognise the most relevant and effective solution to prescribed problem for which Nigeria benefits, works of collaboration by two or more persons are also welcome
- Only one entry per contestant(s) is permitted per competition year.
- Entries not submitted by the stated deadline and according to stated conditions shall not be considered.
Panel of Judges
- A panel of judges shall be appointed for the Nigeria Prize for Science by the Advisory Board.
- The appointment of judges shall, as far as possible, reflect and represent a multi-disciplinary approach relevant to the theme. Persons appointed as judges are those who have wide experience, peer recognition, good public image and command respect nationally and internationally.
- The outcome of the process as approed by the Advisory Board shall be final
- Professor Alfrend A.Susu, FAS, NNOM – Chairman
- Professor Barth Nnaji, FAS, CON, NNOM – member
- Dr.(Mrs) Nike Akande, CON – member
- Professor Michael Adikwu, FAS – member
Announcement and Public Presentation of Winner
- Winners will be announced and presented to the public in September 2020 and presented in October 2020
Deadline: 30th April, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Entries (containing filled Application Form) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here to Download Application Form (Word Format – doc)
Note: Late entries will not be entertained.