Attuh Farms Nigeria Limited is an indigenous agricultural company devoted to using organic farm practices to provide premium quality produce and services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agronomist
- To experiment and plan studies to improve crop yields and production in order to discern the best way to plant, harvest and cultivate the plant regardless of the climate.
- And also to develop methods to control weeds and pests to keep crops diseases free.
- B.Sc in Agronomy or any other related field.
- Proven 3 years working experience as an Agronomist.
- Thorough knowledge of Organic Farming and Scientific principles and procedures.
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Structured & analytical.
- Good Time management skills.
- Good Interpersonal relationship skills.
- Good communicator.
- Develop the best ways to plant, harvest and cultivate the plants, regardless of the climate.
- Experiments and plan studies to improve crop yields.
- Develop methods to control weeds and pests to keep crops disease free.
- Work scientifically to produce the finest crops, on the most consistent basis and in any situation.
- Schedule crop rotation program and Hybrid/varietal selection
- Prepare detailed computerized reports and permanent record keeping on crop growth, yield, fertilizer app and other agronomical practices.
- Soil moisture status monitoring (using water scout, tensiometers).
- Regular field, Nursery and Greenhouse checks.
- Provide timely agronomic information to the field sales to support the sales effort
- Equipment Calibration
- Irrigation and chemical fertilizer scheduling (Irrigation and fertigation).
- Initiate newer techniques in soil management processes.
- Study and evaluate plants, their biological aspects and their growth behavior.
- Conduct research on latest trends in crop and soil management.
- Develop ways to make crops more pest-resistant.
- Develop and implement quality initiatives in agronomist programs.
- Attending to other responsibilities as required.
- Develop innovative research-based techniques in agronomist functions and programs.
- Create strategies in strengthening crop production, budgeting, planning and management.
- Study, assess and evaluate soil chemistry and soil testing check for EC and Ph values, microbes, soil constituents and the nutrients level.
- Analyze soil to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production.
- Weather forecasting.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.