The RA International School (RAIS) is located in Nigeria LNG Residential Area on Bonny Island, which houses the school staff and NLNG staff as well as their families. The school runs a broad-based curriculum, following the English Curriculum for Mathematics and Literacy, as well as International Primary Curriculum (IPC) for other subjects with local (Nigerian) content included.
We are seeking to recruit experienced, exceptional and internationally-minded professionals with the abilily to work proficiently in a multi-cultural team using an inclusive and multi-cultural disciplinary approach for the position below:
Job Title: Arts Teacher
Location: Bonny Island, Rivers
Job Type: Full Time
- To plan and deliver quality teaching and learning in Arts for ages 3 – 11 based on School Curriculum and link with International Primary Curriculum whilst maintaining a conducive learning environment within the classroom.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver Arts lessons based on approved school curricula involving factual background material, materials on current events and other appropriate activities and also support other activities that promote learning within and outside the school to encourage pupils to develop skills and attitudes, draw conclusions, achieve improved interpersonal relationships and make value judgments based on scientific methods of inquiry.
- Identify pupil needs, and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems to ensure all children reach their potential.
- Develop and participate in activities (In an International environment) that will involve all children.
- Establish and maintain standards of pupil behaviour needed to provide an orderly, and productive (learning focused) environment during class sessions.
- Keep and update appropriate records.
- Establish good relationship and communicate with parents and school coordinators on pupil progress, providing regular feedback on the development of the children.
- Prepare, assess, issue and discuss pupils’ report with their parents to ensure increased performance (learning) of the pupils. Use assessment as a means of improving learning.
- Assist with organizing extra-curricular activities and in developing the school’s curriculum and other developmental programs to enhance (learning) knowledge base of pupils.
- B.Ed or B.A plus (PGDE / PGCE ) in Arts and minimum of 2nd class honours lower division (2:2).
- Minimum of three years’ experience in teaching (from EY to Year 6) Arts in a primary school setting (ideally an international school).
- Experience in teaching the International Primary Curriculum/National Curriculum of England is an added advantage.
- Excellent skills in classroom management.
- Should be a person of high integrity and excellent character.
- Not more than 45 years old as at January 31, 2020.
- Possession of Qualified Teachers Status (QTS) [e.g.be a registered member with Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria, have QTS or recognition by a similar international body].
- Possession of NYSC (National Youth Service Corps) Certificate/Exemption Letter.
Deadline: 18th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to fill the RAIS Employment Application Form (docs)
Send their CV in the format below with copies of supporting documents (mentioned in the CV), the supporting statement by email with “Title of Position Applied for” to: RAISRecruitment@raisbny.com
- CV Format:
- Date of Birth (Day/Month/Year)
- Contact Address
- Telephone Number(s)
- Marital Status
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area
- Educational Institutions attended (with dates)
- Educational Qualification(s) obtained with title(s), class of degree(s) & date(s)
- NYSC Status (NYSC Certificate/ Exemption Certificate Available)
- QTS Status (TRCN/Other Certificate(s) Available)
- Years of experience (Post-Graduation)
- Years of experience (teaching in a primary school setting)
- Years of experience (teaching in an international school setting)
- Years of experience (teaching the International Primary Curriculum)
- Years of experience (teaching the National Curriculum of England)
- Work Experience(s) starting from the most recent employment (with dates)
- Any additional qualification/skill/etc. that makes the candidate stand out
- Applicants should write a supporting statement (no longer than 2 sides of A4/250 Words) entitled: ‘How I will be an effective Arts Teacher at RAIS’.
- Complete and submit the RAIS Employment Application Form
- Any application with CV not structured in the given format will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any false information provided during or after the application process will lead to the outright disqualification of such candidate(s).