Delft is specifically dedicated to improving people’s quality of life around the world by means of its diagnostic imaging devices, e-health software, and related services. DELFT focus‘s on providing affordable, innovative diagnostic imaging techniques and solutions that are key to strengthening healthcare systems on a worldwide scale.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Biomedical Engineer
Directly Accountable to: Managing Director
Division: Technical Unit, Team Lagos
Directly Supervises: N.A
- Assists in installation and maintenance (both preventive and corrective) of Delft X-ray systems in Lagos State, Nigeria.
- Works on contract basis, upon request of Universal Delft Headquarters Accra (UD HQ).
- Self-motivated and action-oriented team player with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Professional, Service-oriented and Reliable
- Flexible, Dedicated and a person of Integrity
- Proficient in knowledge and use of Microsoft Office applications
- (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Have excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Have a sound understanding of electric power circuit systems and power flow enough for troubleshooting.
- Ability to read and interpret electric circuit diagrams and schematics necessary for various technical operations (i.e. assisting in installation, troubleshooting, corrective maintenance, technical remote support etc.).
Must have the ability to:
- Provide effective and timely information orally and in writing both upward and downward through the company communication channels.
- Communicate effectively over the phone, in writing and in person with external stakeholders (i.e. customers)
- Develop and nurture relationships
Must have the ability to:
- Work independently with minimum supervision as well as within a team, and take initiative
- Plan, highly organized and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills High level of integrity – truthful, trustworthy and reliable.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Assists during installation of 18 X-ray systems in Lagos State and 3 TB-screening Vans with Delft EasyDR TB X-ray system.
- Assists during training of users of the X-ray systems.
- Assists during maintenance (both preventive and corrective) of these X-ray systems.
- Acts as a liaison between the engineering/technical department of local clients (hospitals equipped with Delft Imaging’s X-ray systems) and the Technical unit of UD HQ.
- Solves corrective service issues of the installed equipment, upon request of the technical department of UD HQ.
- Submits written reports by email and/or WhatsApp, of all works done on the X-ray systems, as soon as possible, but within 5 working days after provision of service. Where applicable the reports are accompanied by photograph(s) and/or video(s).
- Provides technical support to local clients on phone/email when applicable. All contacts with local clients are registered and reported to UD HQ.
- Takes up any (technical) issue assigned by the Managing Director, either directly or through the Technical department of UD HQ.
- Must be ready to travel within Lagos State and occasionally outside Lagos State, e.g. to other Nigerian States or to Ghana, upon Company request.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering required
- Understanding of Medical Imaging Systems
- Basic understanding and/or experience with Health Care IT; i.e. PACS, HIS, eHealth records, etc.
- Experience with digital Medical Imaging Systems (DR, CT, MRI) is an advantage.
- Minimum of Two (2) years working experience, preferably with Digital Medical Imaging Systems (DR).
Deadline: 21st February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in Microsoft Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject should be the position applying for: e.g Biomedical Engineer.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.