Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Brand Manager
Job Summary & Purpose
- Develop a best in class and cost effective marketing strategy, and execute the same through the available resources, within the specified budgets and timelines, with a view to attain volume, market share and brand KPIobjectives.
3 Year Brand Plan:
- Help shape the 3 year business plan, with emphasis on a 12-month horizon.
- Stays up to date on new communication mediums and co-develops strategy for activating brands within these mediums.
Annual Brand plan:
- Leads & Collaborates with other members of the team to help shape the annual brand plan and ensure it is refreshed and optimised throughout the year.
- Responsible for best in class execution of plans to meet brand KPIs.
- Responsible for delivering Volume + Market share targets and other business KPIs.
- Regularly monitor volume and share growth against the plan and recommend necessary revisions/solutions.
- Monitor competitorТs activities including pricing, dealer/consumer trends, new launches and recommend appropriate and innovative marketing solutions to be undertaken when/where necessary.
Innovation & Renovation:
- Leads cross-functional teams (manufacturing, supply chain, sales etc.) to drive market implementation of agreed innovation projects from ideation to market execution.
- Consumer understanding that drives consumer insights on the brand/category that results in brand/business opportunities.
- Gives input into Designs of brand Ц iconography/colour/symbols etc.
- Disruptive & effective launch to sales, customer & consumers that leads to achievement of KPIs.
- Post-launch evaluations.
Brand Communications Development and Execution:
- Understands and leverages consumer passion points.
- Develops briefing strategy and guidelines for Brand Communication programs aligned with the activation platform.
- Executes PR/digital management/new media approaches working with digital, media etc. teams
- Responsible for media briefing/ tactical deployment of strategy/ flow plan and overall media budget.
- Responsible for Sponsorship execution in ATL domain in conjunction with Sponsorship manager.
- Responsible for Region-specific campaigns including radio, outdoor and print specific initiatives.
- Co-creates, Briefs and manages ATL components of TTL campaigns.
- Manages ATL budget (media, production, fees).
- Responsible for consolidating learnings from after action reviews of all Brand Communications and Campaigns (including media) programs and facilitating continuous improvement and action learning.
- Works with global teams & agencies on evaluation/monitoring of communication/campaigns and course of correction.
- Interfaces with agencies, manages agency performance contracts and relationships.
- Briefs and reviews concepts, approves scripts with PI, manages timeline.
- Manages and evaluates third party suppliers to ensure excellence is delivered across the marketing mix.
- Leads cross-functional teams to drive market implementation of any agreed campaign/activities
- Responsible for best in class execution.
- Conducts competitor review and benchmarking with agencies to determine Best in Class Brand Communications approaches.
- Understand trade environment and develop strategies and deploy initiatives for effective customer execution.
- Development and deployment of merchandising POSM.
- Work with Digital Manager to develop activation plans to deliver against brand objectives. To make that happen, s/he will need to define, influence, align and brand/business objectives.
- Work with the digital manager to define common measurement approach including scorecards, tools for ROI & equity measurement and the relevant KPIs and benchmarks.
- Be a part of the digital content creation team for brand content.
- Play a key role in developing & executing brand digital strategy.
- Expert understanding of the Media terrain in Nigeria.
- Lead media planning with media agency.
- Evaluate effectiveness of media across channels post campaigns.
- Drive opportunities to deliver effectiveness and bang for buck.
Consumer Insight / Research:
- Develops an in-depth understanding and become an expert in the Nigerian consumer & environment Ц the business environment in which the brands compete including category segments and channels.
- Builds a holistic understanding of consumers and shoppers, together with Consumer Research Analyst, in developing consumer and shopper insights and turn these in to growth opportunities.
- Is the expert voice of the brand from a consumer perspective & consumer to the business.
- Monitoring to ensure high quality products delivered to consumer and customer.
- Point of contact for consumer complaints and communicating potential product issues to relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor competitorТs activities including dealer, consumer trends, new launches and recommend appropriate and innovative marketing solutions to be undertaken when/where necessary.
- Manages marketing spend effectiveness and constantly seeks efficiencies and new methods.
- Ensuring that spend is in line with budget plan and allocation.
- Payment of suppliers timeously.
- Improve organizational capability by regularly providing coaching, team building support, motivation and training.
- Identify high potential employees and provide them with the proper career development to succeed and to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Build an effective team based environment and motivate employees to optimize their performance by applying PMP.
- Build and maintain strong relations with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in innovation management.
- Must be able to liase and communicate with Global teams.
- Seasoned marketer.
- Great attitude.
- A Tertiary Degree preferably Master’s Degree
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in marketing as a Brand Manager/ Marketing Manager in another FMCG company (preferably Multinational).
Mindset & Personality:
- Great attitude
- Positive energy
- Strive for Excellence and Perfection
- Leader but also Team player
- Creative but still Detail orientated
- Work Ethic.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Hands onperson, business driven, excellent marketing skills, and proven ability to develop and execute successful marketing plans for new and existing products.
- Growth and competitive mindset.
- Strong management and team building skills, with successful experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively, and produce results in a highly entrepreneurial & pressurized environment.
- Ability to oversee and track multiple projects with due dates and varying requirements and priorities.
- Demonstrated commitment to being accountable for delivered results plus the ability and initiative to accept delegated responsibility.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills, including fluent English in written and spoken.
- High Computer competency across all key packages (excel, word, powerpoint).
- Adaptable to any working environment.
- Strong digital background.
- Very Attractive.
Deadline: 3pm on Tuesday, 10th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after this will be automatically rejected.