Visa operates the world’s largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa’s card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in over 200 countries and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Business Development Leader
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
This position is a Key Account Manager role and will be reporting to the Cluster Country Manager, West Africa. The candidate will:
- Be primarily responsible for leading Visa’s engagement with a designated Key Partner
- Deepen client engagement at the senior leadership level to drive new business opportunities and actively demonstrate Visa as the best partner for business growth
- Broaden Visa’s relationship with client stakeholders in functions beyond the Cards business
- Increase penetration of Visa products and solutions with the clients
- Build an implementation strategy aligned to the partnership deal with the client, Visa West Africa/ SSA market plan and the client’s strategic priorities
- Understand the payment landscape of the West Africa & SSA Region and keep abreast of industry trends
- Support the Cluster Country Manager and Head of Sales to implement Country strategies and achieve business goals
- Be accountable for expansion and acceleration of Visa’s business with the Key partner
- Achieve revenue and portfolio targets set on the account
- Liaise and work with multi-functions across Visa, to deliver set expectations on client account
- Manage the account planning and Go To Market process to deliver accurate sales and revenue forecasts
- Drive new business and revenue growth opportunities
- Develop, implement and manage Visa’s strategies with the clients to profitably grow the business across the mapped out opportunity areas.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders, including Products, Marketing, Government Relations, Risk, Operations, Finance, etc, to orchestrate the collective effort to optimize the effectiveness of Visa solutions to the client.
- Recognized degree preferably in Business Management
- Minimum 8 – 12 years of proven sales or business development experience, with strong account management, project management and relationship management, business consultation experience from across the following vertical or functions: consumer banking, cards issuing, merchant acquiring,
- Project and Financial management
- Deal structuring, negotiation, documentation and execution
- Good analytical skill to understand the profitability of issuing and acquiring business
- Knowledge of payments systems and the cards industry
- Communication and presentation skills
- Product positioning and marketing skills
- Business consultation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good MS Office PC Knowledge.
- Strategic thinking combined with good business acumen
- Strong account management and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- Digital mindset and adaptive leadership
- Positive, accountable and result orientated team player
- Self-starter with a commitment to learn and a sense of curiosity
- Ability to navigate and work in ambiguous situations
- The function that this individual performs is key to delivering on Visa’s strategic pillars. It forms a part of Visa’s Client engagement plans, merchant relations, Fintech partnerships and industry stakeholder management team.
- Failure to deliver on those commitments can have a visible and pronounced impact on Visa’s revenues, reputation and brand image, and in some cases, can expose the company to financial liability. Hard work, high integrity and honesty are non-negotiables.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online