Business Development Strategist Job at Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI)
Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Strategist
Job Code: 4976
Location: Abuja, with possible travel to other work locations in Nigeria.
Reports to: The Business Improvement Manager
Roles & Responsibilities
- The Business Development Strategist will work on DAI’s new business efforts in Nigeria through a mix of regular and on-demand tasks.
- Under the guidance of the Manager, the Business Development Strategist will work closely with the new business team in Nigeria to win local business, as well as provide support to other DAI new business units globally.
Facilitate winning new business in Nigeria and other business units. Related sub-tasks include:
- Lead and manage the development of local proposals across market segments – donor, foundation, private sector and Government of Nigeria.
- Conduct on-line background/contextual research and analysis of relevance to proposal opportunities.
- Generate standard monthly reports and customized monthly reports for the knowledge management team
- Cultivate strong relationships with potential clients, while maintaining existing client relationships.
- Input data, collate and maintain client information as needed, into DAI’s CRM database
- Undertake billable project work when the opportunity arises.
- Develop and recommend short-term and long-term strategies for business expansion through identifying new business in Nigeria
- Proactively track and engage with market segments to identify business opportunities
- Provide proposal inputs to proposals managed by other business units to include but not limited to identification and engagement of local partner, research and proposal draft reviews
- Facilitate field research for proposal development
- Other duties as specified by the Business Improvement Manager and other assigned authorities
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 6 years of work experience or Masters’ / professional degree with 4 or more years of work experience in relevant areas to include: international development, research & analysis
- Demonstrated experience in business development in the development sector, inclusive of proposal development for donor organizations like USAID, DFID, World Bank, FCO
- Proven capacity for research and analysis
- Excellent writing, facilitation, and inter-personal skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude
DAI offers very competitive salary packages; however, local terms and conditions apply.
Deadline: 10th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.