PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our client, a Nigeria – based Investment Banking Firm is looking to recruit a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Information Officer
Reference No.: 130-PEO01125
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or a related discipline.
- Relevant master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience, five (5) of which must involve project / product, application, infrastructure, security and digital strategy management within a Financial Services (Banking) Environment.
- Relevant work experience in a Merchant Bank will be an advantage.
Skills & Competencies:
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of IT in areas such as enterprise architecture, hardware support etc.
- Strategic planning
- Excellent communication skills
- Tactical implementation abilities
- Project management methodologies
- Leadership skill in technology management
- In – depth knowledge of company’s data requirement
- State – of – the – art knowledge of information systems security
- Excellent judgment and planning abilities
- Documentation skills
- Taking ownership
- Strong analytical, problem solving and evaluative skills
- Good negotiation skill
- Interpersonal Skill
- General managerial / administration
- Coaching / mentoring and team building
- Conflict management
- Leadership / Influencing
- Relevant professional certification in the areas of IT service management, IT governance, Enterprise architecture, Information systems security, Product and Project Management and other technical qualifications is an added advantage.
Roles & Responsibilities
The role holder would be responsible for managing and directing the planning and implementation process of the enterprises IT systems to support the needs and operations of the business. This will involve developing the vision and strategy for IT initiatives across the operating units of the firm in line with creating a collaborative, cost-effective and service-focused business.
In addition, the role holder is responsible for all aspects of the organization’s information technology and systems, including information and cybersecurity. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, implement and direct the company’s IT strategic plan to accomplish business goals and objectives.
- Advise Executives and Management on information technology and provide status reports on technology initiatives.
- Provide vision and leadership in all aspects of IT management and operations towards attaining the company’s current and future technology objectives.
- Responsible for IT budgeting and financial planning to ensure cost improvement.
- Set the company’s overall technology standards and practices.
- Make recommendations as well as explaining technology solutions to Management.
- Providing leadership and managing career development of direct reports.
- Oversee the development, implementation and management / maintenance of the company’s information technology and security policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Manage the day – to – day, overall information technology operations.
- Overall responsibility for liaising between business functions and IT, coordinating technical information and plans.
- Provide input on hiring decisions for technology staff.
- Design, plan and implement a company wide disaster recovery plan.
- Establish and oversee the implement short- and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Overall responsibility for the management and success of technology projects.
- Oversee service management of vendors, outsourced operations and other third-party relationships.
- Develop metrics for tracking performance implemented technology initiatives.
- Assist in building relationships with external service providers and ensure creating appropriate service level agreements (SLAs)
- Guide and manage the overall provision of Information Technology functions for the entire company
- Provide strong leadership and ensure clear strategic objectives are in place
- Support the implementation and facilitation of relevant workshops and training courses
- Promote the bank’s’ core values and a strong team culture
- Manage the day to day performance, learning and development of the team, including one on one feedback sessions and conduct performance appraisals
Deadline: 14th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online