Consultant (Training & Mentoring of Community Resilience Group) Job at Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we collaborate to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within, now and for the future. In Nigeria, Mercy Corps works in 13 states within the key thematic areas of humanitarian response, conflict mitigation and adolescent girls’ empowerment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant for Training & Mentoring Of Community Resilience Group
- The MAIDA programme will directly support the recovery of at least 70,000 women, men, girls and boys who are returnees, IDPs and members of host communities affected by the Boko Haram insurgency in southern and central Borno State.
- Finally, overall social cohesion will be strengthened within and between conflict-affected communities and environmental resource management will be improved in areas of displacement and return. Sectors of intervention will include market-led and climate-smart livelihood and employment opportunities, vocational training for youth, social and economic protection and community reintegration and peacebuilding.
- Community Resilience Groups (CRGs) were formed in each community where the programme is implemented with the overall aim of bringing together ethnically diverse community representatives that will assist in community engagement, jointly developing Community Action Plans in addition to conducting conflict management activities in their communities.
- Building upon existing partnership with ECPN, Local CSOs will be contracted to facilitate trainings on conflict management for already established Community Resilience Groups CRGs in respective Maida working communities across central and southern Borno.
- The objective of MAIDA is to increase the social cohesion and resilience to economic, social and climate related shocks in Borno State in an environmentally-conscious way. Four interrelated and mutually reinforcing intermediate outcomes will contribute to achieving this objective.
- First, MAIDA will restore and improve rural livelihoods in an ecologically sustainable manner by enabling households to take advantage of existing and new agricultural market opportunities.
- In parallel, adolescents and youth will be empowered as economic actors in their communities through access to employment, diversified livelihood opportunities, vocational training and business development initiatives. These outcomes will be reinforced by improved access to social protection and community-based services for women, youth, adolescent breadwinners and other at-risk groups.
Scope of the Assignment:
- The scope of this assignment is to train members CRGs on conflict management across Bama, Jere, Mafa, Ngala and Gwoza LGAs of Borno State.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conflict Management / Resolution Training
- Facilitate trainings on:
- Conflict context analysis
- Negotiation and mediation
- Dispute resolution formulation
- Do No Harm
Comprehensive training module and agenda submitted at the beginning of the programme.
- Training report
- Pre and post-test for the training
- Final report
- The team undertaking the work should consist of at least a Team Leader, a Trainer and a supporting team members.
Deadline: 19th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the “Job Title” as the subject of your mail.
The application should contain:
- CVs of team members proposed for the job with 3 referees
- Sample of previous similar task completed.
- Area of coverage and proposed implementation plan
- Team Structure
- Implementation plan with clear timeline and milestones
- Financial Proposal
- Cost to deliver the job