Siemens, is an Integrated Technology Company. The business activities of our Energy, Health care, Industry and Infrastructure & Cities Sectors have enabled us to capture leading market and technology positions worldwide. Technological excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and international focus have been our hallmarks for 165 years, making us strong and linking us to our shareholders, employees and customers as a partner of trust.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Export Control Professional
Ref No: 201621
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Family: Legal & Compliance
Organization: Gas and Power
Job Type: Full-time
About the Role
- Develops plans and solutions in order to ensure Export Control compliance and process optimization.
- Contributes to the definition and implementation of Export Control regulations in own area of responsibility.
What do I need to qualify?
- Prospective candidate should have at least 10 years working experience in the industry, 5 of which must have been in similar role, have a high level of integrity and maturity
- Degree in relevant field, Masters and professional certification may be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Good numerical skills and the ability to interpret and apply other relevant guidelines
- Result and quality orientation with an eye for detail to ensure an excellent accuracy of work
- Excellent written skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate strong commitment, perseverance and self-initiative
- Commercial awareness and business acumen
- Develops, implements and enforces guidelines, solutions and plans in order to optimize processes in his/her area of responsibility.
- Contributes to the implementation of Export Control regulations and ensures accurate and consistent distribution of relevant information throughout the internal organization.
- Collaborates with the authorities regarding export license applications and clarifies general legal issues.
- Monitors and ensures corrective actions derived from external and internal reviews and audits.
- Carries out trainings and reviews to guarantee adherence to Export Control regulations.
- Enables consulting for other organizational units as well as Best Practice Sharing.
- Reviews and approves operational tasks.
- Ensures settings and access rights in export control related IT systems.
- Liaising with Clearing and Forwarding Agents to assess the status of inbound goods as well as informing internal customers.
- Ensuring a “match” between incoming and export documentation in cases of repairs. This is aimed at cost optimization.
- Proper identification and description of inbound goods to avoid unnecessary penalties and/or import duty fees.
- Eliminating unnecessary delays on projects and/or delivery by ensuring correct documentation. Applying for import permits when necessary, as well as proper filling of the shipment documentation.
- Nigeria Import and Export Laws and Procedures
- Management of Customs queries and invitations, and
- Customs clearing agent management.
- Maintenance and reporting on statistics with regard to imports (weight, freight cost, duties payable and all relevant disbursements
- Applying for import permits when necessary, as well as proper filling of the shipment documentation
- Negotiating freight rates on special projects
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online