Owens and Xley – Our client, a leading Dessert & Bakery Accessories Supply Company is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Inventory Manager
- The Finance / Inventory Manager would be responsible for maintaining the financial and accounting aspect of the business.
- S/He or she will be tasked with preparing financial statements, maintaining cash controls, preparing the payroll and managing the company’s expenses.
- He or she would also be responsible for inventory management, ensuring accuracy of inventory at all times.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare employee payroll and ensure timely payment of employees
- Document daily income and expenditure
- Confirm deposits, transfers and POS payments from clients
- Prepare monthly financial statement
- Prepare yearly balance sheet at the end of the company’s business year December
- Conduct stock count monthly and reconcile with account information
- Manage petty cash requisition and disbursement
- Reconcile all sales and revenue daily
- Reconcile sales and bank statement
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the accounting software
- Assist with the annual audit
- Maintain financial files and records
- Prepare daily financial reports
- Inventory Management:
- Count all the new items received and record in the log book
- Check received items for damages
- Notify the Business Director inaccuracies in received orders
- Take record of damaged products using the logbook
- Sort and repack items e.g cups, flowers, sprinkles, etc.
- Repack products and bag items
- Print barcode on packed items
- Recount products and log into the inventory system
- Receive new shipments
- Take inventory of items in the store
- Arrange the items in the store
- Notify and remind the Business Director when the stock is low
- Monitor stock levels
- Perform other duties as assigned/required by the Business Director.
- HND or BSC in Accounting
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Inventory management experience is required
- Experience in the retail industry a plus
- Use of accounting software is compulsory
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven integrity
- Familiarity with financial and customer service principles
- Good math skills with the ability to create and analyze reports, spreadsheets and sales statistics
- Proficient user of MS Office MS Excel in particular
- Must be able to prepare management reports and correspondence
- Good initiative, time and stress management skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem-solving attitude
- Keen eye for detail
- Love to work in a relaxed and fun environment
- Confident and pleasant
- Must live within Ketu, Magodo, Ikosi axis.
- N60,000 per month.
Deadline: 2nd March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.