Finance / Human Resources Assistant Job at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – Spain
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance / Human Resources Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Report to: Project Human resource /Finance Manager
Report to (functional): Project Human resource /Finance Manager
Working Hours: 48hours per week
Contract Duration: 10 Months
- Execute administrative and finance tasks and do follow up of project accountancy, according to administration Manager’s indications and MSF procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and keep a strict control over monetary resources.
- Execute administrative and legal related tasks, under supervision of the Administrator Manager, checking payroll calculations and updating personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on time payments.
- Follow up all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Administration Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
- Process the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation involved, informing the administration manager of any sort of disparity.
- Carry out all accounting tasks and activities in order to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
- Make all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.)
- Classify and prepare all accounting pieces as requested by the Administration Manager.
- File the accounting documents and enter the accounting pieces in the accounting software, with the support from the Administration Manager and/or the Accounting Manager (ACMA).
- Follow up accommodation and movement plan to the projects and ensure all staffs are well information.
- Daily Supervision of the cleaners and cook all ensuring that the environment is properly kept and follow up of hygiene suppliers.
- Implement cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, and ensure cash availability.
- Prepare employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Enter data into the HR database and personal files and keep them up-to-date in order to facilitate HR processes management.
- Update Social security & Tax office employee files and documents in order to meet legal requirements and duties.
- Draw up monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Draw up the final pay slip and employment certificate at the end of a contract in order to meet legal requirements while defending MSF ’s interests.
- Desirable Finance, Business or Administration related Diploma.
- Essential previous working experience of at least two (02) years in relevant jobs.
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Essential English and Hausa.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet). Asset Homere and FFC
- Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, Stress Management, service
- N3,949,140 (Annual basic salary +13th month) As per the MSF salary scale (National contract).
Deadline: 25th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV, motivation letter, copies of credentials and copy of NYSC (only PDF or Word) by email to: email@example.com In the subject please to put the position and the reference for while you are applying.
In-person to “MSF SPAIN Office” at:
Old International Primary School Line,
NTA / Circular Junction by Damboa Road,
Maiduguri, Borno State.
- Applications should be accompanied by copy of the NYSC certificate.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- Applications are non-returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.