Connected Development [CODE] is a non-government organization [NGO] that envisions a world where all people – even in the most remote areas of the globe – can hold their government accountable. Our mission is to empower marginalized communities in Africa. We strengthen local communities by creating platforms for dialogue, enabling informed debate, and building the capacities of citizens on how to hold their government accountable.
CODE provides marginalized and vulnerable communities with resources to amplify their voices with independence and integrity while providing the communities with information that ushers social and economic progress. To enhance effective democratic governance and accountability, CODE creates platforms [mobile and web technologies] that close the feedback loop between citizens and the government. With global expertise and reach, we focus on community outreach, influencing policies, practices, and knowledge mobilization.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
- The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will serve as an organizational leader, developing and strengthening the financial, operational, and people functions that enable Connected Development (CODE) work.
- This is an ideal opportunity for a leader who is committed to applying their skills to building and sustaining an organization grounded in community mobilization and collective action.
Key responsibility areas and associated tasks, including but not limited to:
Organizational and Team Leadership:
- Oversee CODE’s annual and multi-year strategic planning processes in collaboration with regional and community teams to establish multi-year, detailed financial models that align with growth projections.
- Serve as the organizational leader ensuring good financial management throughout the organization; support senior management, the Board, through strategic planning, financial modeling, compliance and data-driven analysis.
- Develop critical organization wide systems, ensuring that technology and staff work effectively across functions, communities, and the region.
Compliance and Risk Management:
- Manage and oversee staff and/or contractors providing facilities and maintenance management to ensure CODE’s assets meet operational safety regulations and beneficiaries’ needs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required; Masters or related degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years serving as an organizational leader, with a track record of overseeing the finance function and a strong working knowledge of operations and talent management, with a commitment to community mobilization and collective action.
- Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Job Title: Finance Assistant
- Under the leadership of the Finance Manager, the Finance Assistant will be responsible for the provision of accounting and administrative support services to Staff.
- Assist in ensuring that staff have clear roles and responsibilities, and a strong understanding of all of Donor’s and CODE’s requirements and policies.
- Manage the electronic spreadsheet/format for receiving and disbursing funds; coordinate the preparation and timely submission of monthly financial reports and other reports as required. Ensure accurate keeping of account books (electronic and paper) for CODE’s Office.
- Help ensure that timely and accurate information is generated and disseminated accordingly to the project team, to inform activity planning and forecasts.
- Process all banking activities, ensuring that bank account records are accurately maintained, and that bank statements are obtained on a timely basis.
- Maintain the office cash box and disburse cash payments. Ensure weekly cash counts are done and properly documented by non-finance staff.
- In collaboration with the line manager support the training in financial management in accordance with CODE’s financial management policies
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Skills & Experience:
- Administrative & General Skills
- Level of Education – B.Sc / HND or equivalent
- Specified Study Area – Finance / Accounts
- Minimum 2 years post NYSC experience
- Experience in working with partners accountable for grants and other financial support provided to implement project activities, particularly at community level.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Language Requirements: Spoken English-Excellent; Written English-Excellent
- Level of IT Expertise: Excellent (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Good training and facilitation skills (for financial training/support to partners).
- Ability to multi-task, engage in long-term planning, meet deadlines, exercise patience, and adapt to changing circumstances.
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
- To Coordinate Vendor Payment between procurement and Finance team, ensure vendor timely payments, Support admin procurement and serve as field office interface with country office log team Respond efficiently and quickly to purchase requisitions, and follow up, maintain record of supplies.
- Ensure that the items bought match the request, and are of good quality, reliable, appropriate and at a reasonable price.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Ensure procurement is done in accordance with CODE’s Procurement Policy and Procedures.
- Maintain file index (soft Copies/hand copies) for all purchases by category, grant and location.
- Respond to queries in a professional and timely manner in respect of status and delivery of goods to locations/programs.
- Receive and inspect goods delivered and properly document the process.
- Adhering to all the necessary procedures as stipulated in the office procedures manual SL policies and donor regulations.
- Support the pre-qualification of service providers as provided for in the Procurement Manual.
- Issuing Purchase Order for service providers as provided for in the Procurement Manual to ensure goods and services are acquired at competitive prices.
- Record all incoming goods, their dispatch and timely delivery to projects. Ensure complete documentation of procurement actions consistent with SC Nigeria policy is kept on file.
- Maintain the procurement file and ensure that it is up to date with all documentation and information relating to any procurement undertaken.
- Produce weekly basis, the Procurement Tracker
- Collect the Procurement Requests from the Program, other departments and field offices
- Based on CODE’s procurement manual, issue POs to vendors and follow up with delivery
- Update the supplier database based on CODE’s standard
- Communication with vendors or suppliers
- Produce regular update on PRs received from Program and field offices
- Organized procurement review meeting with programme.
- Any other tasks as may be required by supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
- Level of Education – B.Sc / HND in any related discipline.
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills.
- Team-working skills.
- Flexibility and adaptation in response to changing needs.
- Attention to detail and excellent numeracy.· Good experience in: purchasing, with good negotiating skills. Ability to keep clear and concise records.
- Commitment to CODE’s child safeguarding policies, equal opportunity and gender policies.
- Commitment to humanitarian and development principles principles and with the aims and objectives of CODE
- Experience in procurement/Logistics Management.
- Procurement training or qualification is an added advantage.
- Experience and good team work (integration).
- Good written and spoken English required.
- Ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions when necessary
Deadline: 15th February, 2020.