Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria Limited is wholly-owned subsidiary invested by Sinoma Cargo in Nigeria, founded in June 2016, located in Nigeria, Lagos. Sinoma Cargo is the first branch set up in West Africa in the process of implementing globalization strategy.
Currently, Sinoma Cargo has obtained the clearance qualification and provides overseas warehousing and distribution services, equipped with 40 normal trailers and 10 tow-beds, Sinoma Cargo Nigeria can deliver general cargoes, heavy lifts, over-sized goods and self-owned custom house broker has been set up as well. There are 12 Chinese employees and 100 native employees at present.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Import Operation Supervisor
- Supervises and coordinates activities in the clearing of imports shipments, in accordance with Federal or foreign regulations.
- Oversees daily operations of the department, to ensure profitability and compliance with company policies, and applicable regulatory requirements; providing excellent customer service through timely and accurate processing and compliance with government regulations and / or company policies.
- Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
- Examine documents including invoices, bills of lading, and shipping statements to ensure compliance with federal and foreign regulations governing the shipment, receipt, and documentation of imported/exported products.
- Establish, monitor, and revise policies, procedures and service standards for customs clearance operations, and write procedures for the handling of each account. Includes classifications, schedule of service, shipment entry, and booking process.
- Oversee and monitor team performance – both quantity or quality -audit shipment documents, and conduct periodic client reviews to identify areas of concern in the clients’ export processes. Communicate / escalate transaction problems or irregularities to manager and assist in identifying solutions.
- Conduct training courses and seminars for staff and clients in areas of shipping and Import regulations and procedures. Provide guidance and advice as necessary.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience as a supervisor in a shipping company.
- University Degree is required for this job position
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation, Logistics or Supply Chain Management or an equivalent combination of work experience.
- Team management experience is essential.
- Sea Import experience is essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific
- Software applications.
- Able to maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and the organization.
Job Title: Data Capture Officer
- Obtain further information for incomplete documents
- Update data and delete unnecessary files
- Combine and rearrange data from source documents where required
- Enter data from source documents into prescribed computer database, files and forms
- Compute and record totals of transactions.
- Operating Scanner, Scales, cash registers and other electronics
- Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records.
- Transcribe information into required electronic format
- Scan documents into document management systems or databases
- Check completed work for accuracy.
- A University Degree in Accounting or Banking is required.
- Candidate must have worked as an account officer in any shipping firm/company
- Proficient in the use of the computers especially Microsoft excel and Microsoft Word
- Good ability to learn
- Ability to work under pressure.
Job Title: Export Sales Supervisor
- Get clients from export and import by barge
- Responsible for attracting more import and export customers.
- Follow up account receivable.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of all sales activity.
- Developing and implementing sales programs.
- Minimum of 4 years working experience in Export Sales / Logistics in a Shipping company a must
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or any related discipline.
- Confident and dynamic personality.
- Strong creative outlook.
- Not more than 40 years.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. MS-excel, MS-word, Outlook etc.).
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to tactfully handle stressful and difficult situations
- Possess strong problem-solving skills.
Deadline: 6th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.