General Manager Job at Bible Guest House Research & Development Centre (BGHRDC)
Bible Guest House Research & Development Centre (BGHRDC) – The Bible Guesthouse was founded in 1994 as a Christian establishment providing comfortable rooms for lodging and halls for meetings to individuals and corporate institutions. From 38 guestrooms in Lagos, we have expanded to the city of Abuja, owning an ultra-modern facility of 42 guestrooms which include a beautiful penthouse.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- The General Manager co-ordinates the activities of Bible Guest House Research & Development Centre (BGHRDC)
- S/he sees to the effective management of the BGHRDC affairs, its staff and management team
- S/he is accountable for budgeting and financial management, plans, organizes and direct the entire BGHRDC’s operations
- S/he ensures the motivation of the BGHRDC’s team to deliver standard service;
Responsible to and Direct Reports:
- Responsible to the Chairman of the BGHRDC and shall have the Managers of each of the guesthouses (located in Lagos, Abuja & Ibadan) as his/her direct reports for effective management, business decisions and productive running of the BGHRDC’s operations.
- The GM shall relate from time to time with the relevant stakeholders within and outside the organization on matters relating the management of the BGHRDC.
- The suitable person must have strong leadership and liaison skills, strong analytical mind and logistical planning skills, possess financial acumen, sales flair, excellent communication and social skills with ability to balance customer and business priorities
Must possess among others:
- Minimum of 10 years cognate experience in renowned Christian guest house management; A Higher National Diploma or First Degree in Catering & Hotel Management is a must
- A Master’s Degree in either Business Administration, or related field would be required;
- Ability to be involved in annual business plan and designing strategies to ensure total guest satisfaction among others is critical.
The successful candidate will among others do the following:
- Design strategies to ensure total guests’ satisfaction and continuous patronage of the guest houses
- Develop an annual business plan, promote and market the business
- Manage budgets and financial plans and control expenditures of the BGHRDC.
- Maintain statistical and financial records and customer data for effective use and decision making
- Drive increased patronage of BGHRDC to achieve set sales and profit targets.
Deadline: 14th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to the Chairman by email, attaching CV and photocopies of your credentials to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.