Grant and Compliance Officer Job in a Non-Governmental Organization (2 Vacancies)
A reputable Non-Governmental Organization based in Abuja with field offices in Benue State requires qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Grant and Compliance Officer
Location: Benue (Otukpo and Gboko)
- Under the leadership of the Grant Compliance Manager, the G & C Officer will be responsible for finance compliance support to allocated CCCRN local partners and related sub-agreements.
- Monitor monthly reports for liquidation, update budget analysis and advise the Finance & Account Director and Grant and Compliance Manager accordingly
- Monitor allocated partner agreements and budgets and ensure compliance with Compliance Manuals and donor guidelines.
- Conducts in CCCRN Internal Control and Monitoring/ pre-award assessments as required.
- Ensure that partners keep supporting documents for all financial transactions, keep ledgers for Fixed Assets, Purchase Requisitions, Cash Receipts and Disbursements.
- S/he interprets USG regulations to local partners and CCCRN Nigeria ICHSSA management. The officer also assists with trainings on compliance, conducts financial reviews and follow-up of recommendations, and identifies training needs, and develops site-specific curriculum to address the needs.
- Serve as principle point of contact on compliance issues with partners and program managers/officers
- Provide senior level technical support to the CBOs/local partners to finalize their annual budgets, conduct a review of budgets against project targets, budget notes and justification, making recommendations and follow-up implementation.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc / HND Accounting or any related field
- ICAN/ACCA Certification will be an added advantage.
- At least 4 years post NYSC grants management experience in an international NGO
- Proficiency in the use of Quickbooks accounting Software
- Ability to work both in a team and independently and ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, required.
- Excellent analytical and information seeking skills, good decision-making skills.
- Should be willing and able to travel widely within the country
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
Deadline: COB; 18th February, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume and Cover Letter (as a single Ms Word document) to: email@example.com with the “Job Title” as the Subject of the mail.
Note: Our organization is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.