Karisa Consults Limited is an emerging management consulting firm that specialise in Agribusiness brokerage, Agric trading, Recruitment, Professional background Check Services, Research, Management training as well as Agricultural Training. We provide Management Consulting services to clients in the private and public sector within and outside Nigeria.
Our clients include start-ups, small and medium enterprises as well as multinationals and industry leaders in key sectors of the Nigerian and African regional economies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Officer
- Grant Management
- Maintain working knowledge of the Foundation’s programs and priority funding areas and remain abreast of current research, activities, and trends in the philanthropic sector.
- Generate reports and data analysis for program and finance team or board
- Problem-solve complex grant scenarios; consult/liaise with finance and/or legal counsel.
- Work with finance to generate reporting required for compliance and financial statement audits.
- Partner with Director of Programs and Director of Finance to ensure accurate and adequate paper and electronic document retention.
- Manage implementation of a new grants management system and other technology improvements, including development plans and timelines, staff communication, testing and troubleshooting, documentation, training, and release cycles.
- Sourcing and Raising funds for the NGO and as well as establishing more net work with other international Ngo
- Maintain regular communication with other Foundation professionals through Peak Grant making, Grant makers for Effective Organizations, Council on Foundations, and/or other such networks in the philanthropic space.
- Monitor grants for legal, financial, and program compliance including but not limited to ensuring that grant requirements are correctly documented in the grant files and database.
- Monitor and document the grant making workflow processes, forms, templates, reports and data to assure full compliance with internal controls and legal requirements.
- Improve the way staff capture, access, and use grant making information to enhance programmatic and operational decision-making, produce accurate reports of grant making results, enhance grantee/grant seeker relationships, and enable learning; enhance supporting systems and tools.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s Degree in non-profit management or related field preferred
- Candidates should have a minimum of 3-5 years of professional work experience, with some knowledge or background in nonprofits or grant making and/or management systems.
- The Grants Officer will be motivated by a passion for the Foundation’s mission and a drive for continuous learning and improvement
- She/he will be a project manager, consultant, analyst, and problem solver with exacting standards and an eye towards creativity and innovation
- This role requires an individual who can balance strong attention to detail and analytical skills with an engaging, consultative, relationship-focused approach to working with people.
Deadline: 10th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and one-page Cover Letter explaining your interest and how your skills and work experience fit the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.