Karisa Consults Limited is an emerging management consulting firm that specialise in Agribusiness brokerage, Agric trading, Recruitment, Professional background Check Services, Research, Management training as well as Agricultural Training. We provide Management Consulting services to clients in the private and public sector within and outside Nigeria.
Our clients include start-ups, small and medium enterprises as well as multinationals and industry leaders in key sectors of the Nigerian and African regional economies.
We are recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Grants Officer
- Maintain working knowledge of the Foundation’s programs and priority funding areas and remain abreast of current research, activities, and trends in the philanthropic sector.
- Maintain regular communication with other Foundation professionals through Peak Grantmaking, Grantmakers for Effective Organizations, Council on Foundations, and/or other such networks in the philanthropic space.
- Submit proposals within deadlines to grant coordinators or concerned people for approvals
- Prepares proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal and attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
- Enters and monitors tracking data.
- Coordinates requirements with contributors and contributes proposal status information to review meetings.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information, coordinating submissions and collections, and identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Monitor grants for legal, financial, and program compliance including but not limited to ensuring that grant requirements are correctly documented in the grant files and database.
- Monitor and document the grantmaking workflow processes, forms, templates, reports and data to assure full compliance with internal controls and legal requirements.
- Generate reports and data analysis for program and finance team or board.
- Problem-solve complex grant scenarios; consult/liaise with finance and/or legal counsel.
- Work with finance to generate reporting required for compliance and financial statement audits
- Partner with Director of Programs and Director of Finance to ensure accurate and adequate paper and electronic document retention.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation.
- Writes, revises, and edits drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding and coordinating printing.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Strong research skills and multi tasking
- Excellent written skills with proper knowledge of grammar
- Ability to understand the project requirements, the organization, departments and its functions
- Self-driven, pro-active, ability to work effectively and independently
- Experienced in handling highly confidential matters with discretion
- Responsible, organized and provides attention to details
- Knowledge of computer and software programs
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree / Master in English, Journalism, Media, or any related field
- Minimum of 5years experience in grant writing, prospect research, general fundraising.
Deadline: 10th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job title and the Location” as the subject of the email