Physio Centers of Africa – We are an innovative healthcare business seeking to propel physiotherapy and elder care to world class levels in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head Nurse / Matron
Reports to: MD / CEO
- The Head Nurse / Matron will manage our Home & Elder Care workforce. The Head Nurse, will be responsible for supervising caregivers; by providing leadership and orientation to personnel; and for performing a variety of duties in order to coordinate the delivery of care to clients.
- They will liaise with the HR Outsourcing to recruit caregivers, they lead training and quality assurance and are responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting customer service
- We are looking for an individual with exceptional communication, organization and computer skills. Must enjoy working in a team-oriented environment and be able to multi-task.
- This person wil work the PCA MD and executive team to develop the pilot and launch the full business operations
- Ensure the appropriteness and execution of the business model and all operating processes.
- Oversee caregiver in-house orientation and all trainings.
- Liase with outsourcing company on the employment lifecycle of caregivers.
- Schedule and conduct caregiver annual reviews and all supervision including regular performance conversations, accountabilities, customer satidfaction and problem resolution.
- Be a point of contact in the clinic for clients and family members to facilitate problem resolution for client care issues.
- Conduct client / caregiver introductions
- Keep sufficient documentation of all relevant phone and in-person contacts with clients, client representatives, caregivers and others.
- Responsible for ensuring all Quality Assurance home visits with new clients two-weeks after start of service and every 90-days are scheduled and completed by the due date. Ensure proper maintenance of Client Journals. Collect service records for office file and keep journal stocked with blank forms.
- Maintain all active prospects and client records on appropriate software. Update and inactivate prospect and client files as needed.
- Take phone inquiries from prospective clients, set-up service calls, record client inquiries on software to enable reporting conversion, closing and referral sources.
- Know about long-term care insurance and how it works to be in a position to advise clients on this topic during care consultations.
- Motivate and inspire our caregiver workforce
- Oversee caregiver schedules with an emphasis on creating high quality matches and extraordinary relationships.
- Utilize software system for documentation and record maintenance, monitor output.
- Meet with prospective clients in order to discover their needs, sign them up for service and establish a billing relationship.
- Ensure satisfaction, safety and quality care through regular phone contact with clients and representatives as well as live visits in their homes.
- Reflect the values of PCA Home & Elder Care.
- Responsible for maintaining client files; scanning into the main shared folder and ensuring the hard copies are in the client file.
- 90-Day audit of client files when home visit is conducted.
- Gain mastery of the following technical systems/processes/resources: Outlook Calendars, Outlook Mail, One Drive File Sharing, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and more.
- Currently licensed to practice as a registered Nurse in Nigeria
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) required.
- 5 Years Of Related Work Experience Required.
Competency and Skills Requirements:
- Critical Characteristics
- Previous experience desired – Licensed Nurse or someone with managerial work experience within senior care / long-term care/hospital management
- Must have the ability to work, Monday thru Friday (full-time)
- Minimum of three-year experience managing clients strongly preferred
- Ability to visit client homes in the assigned territory
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and must be willing to take risk
- Be willing to grow with the business and be adventurous
- A problem solver and can work independently
- Someone not concerned with hierarchy and ready to roll up sleeves
- Good multitasking capabilities
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other spreadsheet applications
- Presentation capability
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Very good interpersonal and team skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focus
- Have previously led a team in a hospital / eldercare business
- Client relations
- Strong organizational skills
Deadline: 13th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as subject of the email.