Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HIV and AIDS Advisor
Job ref.: sfh-96351
- This position will be responsible for providing technical support for the implementation of the overall HIV / AIDs intervention under an RMNCAH-N Project.
- S / He will coordinate the availability and accessibility of HIV services (including syndromic STI care; HIV counseling, testing and referral; and referral for suspected TB clients, etc.) at Local Government Areas (LGA) and Primary Health Centre (PHC) level.
- Furthermore, S / He will collate and analyse field reports and give recommendation on the areas of strengths and weaknesses.
The successful candidates will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate advocacy activities to the State, LGAs and community-level stakeholders to gather input into the development of the HIV and AIDS strategic plan.
- Support the project team members in achieving monthly targets around treatment and care, counseling, testing and referral for HIV and AIDS, STIs and TB.
- Provide support to the M&E Coordinator in the follow-up and tracking of HIV and AIDS-related indicators recorded from the health facility and community interventions using appropriate MIS forms developed and provided by the project.
- Carry out supervisory visits to intervention communities to support and coach health facility and community level team members for improved quality of programming.
- Develop tools and IEC materials (in English and Hausa) covering the HIV and AIDS objectives of the project. This will involve developing content and coordinating the design of appropriate tools and materials as determined by the project team.
- Support the project team in developing the strategic implementation plan covering the HIV and AIDs component of the project including syndromic management of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs), HIV counseling, testing and referral for HIV treatment, care and support and referral for suspected TB clients, at facility and community level.
- Coordinate training and other capacity-building activities for health facility and community team members on HIV/AIDS and TB programming.
- Review progress of field implementation reported routinely from the field (usually every month) by analysing against deliverables and providing feedback to the field on findings for quality improvement and course correction.
- Perform other Admin support / functions as assigned by the Project Lead
Qualifications / Experience
- A minimum of a Master degree in Public Health or a related field as well as a first Degree in Behavioural, Social or Health Sciences or related field of study.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ working experience in HIV&AIDS prevention and care within the NGO Sector.
- Excellent understanding of HIV/AIDS/TB management at facility and community level, including differentiated care
- Demonstrated project implementation experience for a culturally sensitive environment – North-East Nigeria.
- S / He should have experience working with state government’s health Agencies: SMoH, SPHCDA, LGA Department of Health, in the areas of capacity strengthening and policy engagement, etc.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good coordination skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Problem-solving and analytical ability.
- High level of integrity
Deadline: 14th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online