Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Coordinator
Contract Period: 3 years fixed term
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Define, adapt, plan and supervise the implementation of human resources policies in the Mission, ensuring they are in line with the context, the operational challenges and the strategic HR.
- Being a strategic partner to Operations, contributes to the definition and implementation of the mission’s objectives and ensures the HR capacity required sizing and improving people capabilities, contribution and active participation in order to achieve mission goals effectively.
- Is responsible for all human resources management and administrative issues of the whole mission, ensuring they are aligned with legal requirements, HR vision and Responsible Employer frame
- Ensures alignment of mission’s objectives with HR institutional objectives beyond the mission
- In close collaboration with the Mission Coordination Team, plans HR operational and budget needs in order to efficiently ensure the required HR sizing and capabilities of the mission. Is responsible for the follow-up of the HR budget and plan and accountable for both
- Defines HR strategies at mission level to ensure the mission counts with the capacities and competences needed, in the short, mid and long term (recruitment, remuneration, management and learning and development plans).
- Supports and coach as an Expert all MCT members in their role of people managers
- Is the responsible and technical referent for HR and Administration related issues at Mission level (recruitment, management and development of teams, contracting of national and regional employees’, remuneration of local and regional staff, etc.).
- Define, approve and/or coordinate the implementation of career development programs to high potential collaborators in order to increase long term commitment and contribution.
- Define and coordinate the local implementation of a fair rewarding policy in the Mission in accordance to MSF policies and local regulations checking monthly calculations of salaries and taxes, in order to ensure internal equity, adequate competitiveness and legal compliance.
- Ensures systematic briefings and induction of all staff in the Mission (International, National and Regional).
- Supervise administrative processes for all staff and manage conflicts when they appear, in order to ensure labour legal compliance and to improve employer branding awareness.
- Is responsible to make sure that Internal regulations and all HR related policies, procedures and administrative documents (i.e. employment contracts, payslip, etc.) are within the national legal framework.
- Provide expertise to coordinators/supervisors/activity managers on how to manage HR (team management, conflict management, stress early detection, communication, meetings…) and Detect potential conflicts among Mission staff and intervenes directly in conflict solving when necessary and/or possible
- Ensure, in close collaboration with Logistics department, that all international and internal movements in the Mission are properly managed (visas, tickets, per diem when necessary, dates of arrival/departure, etc.), and ensures proper accommodation conditions (i.e. room, food, etc.) by informing all relevant people/departments.
- Reports on HR indicators to MCT and managers in order to support decision making, planning and fine tuning of mission’s and project’s strategies.
- Is responsible for the correct use of HR Systems in the Mission and systematically ensures the quality of data and the monthly closing.
- Represents MSF in meetings with Authorities and other NGOs for HR or Administration related issues
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in HR Management or Administration related studies is required
- Five years prior experience in Human Resource Management is required
- Working experience of at least two years in similar sector is highly beneficial
- Professional Membership of CIPD or CIPM is an added advantage.
Deadline: 8th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant degrees, Certificates and NYSC Certificate / Exemption Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
14 Tennessee Street,
Maitama – Abuja.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- Open to all residents of Nigeria.