One Acre, founded in 2006, supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria Impact Ventures Coordinator
Location: Minna, Niger
Duration: Full-time job.
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
- In 2019, the Nigeria pilot program expanded to serve +500 farmers, with an emphasis on learning what our customers want and how to provide it sustainably.
- The Impact Ventures department is looking to trial projects that complement and support the Nigeria pilot program that are faster to scale and generate significant impact.
- As the Impact Ventures Coordinator, you will support the team responsible for daily interactions with our farmers while exploring new project opportunities.
- The Impact Ventures team is essential to rapidly scaling and increasing One Acre Fund’s impact through non-traditional opportunities and this role will play a major role in supporting Impact Ventures initiatives and shaping the future of Impact Ventures in Nigeria.
- The Impact Ventures Coordinator will report to the Impact Ventures Nigeria Associate and may be responsible for managing a small field-focused team.
Specific responsibilities include
- You will support early-stage trials by spending lots of time in the field interviewing farmers, managing the roll-out of trials, and identifying/understanding/addressing key challenges
- You will support the Impact Ventures team in the launch of the department’s program in Nigeria while exploring and testing ways to increase our overall scale and impact.
- You will lead efforts to understand new project opportunities and anticipated challenges associated with new projects.
- You will develop training materials, surveys, interviews and conduct qualitative and quantitative data collection.
- You will coordinate execution of a variety of projects and trials while tracking key performance indicators to ensure excellent execution of trials.
- You will work closely with the Nigeria pilot program and other stakeholders on tasks such as opportunity identification, salesmanship, impact analysis, and customer satisfaction.
Career Growth And Development
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- We are seeking an exceptional professional with at least 3 years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Commitment to the mission of eradicating food insecurity across Nigeria.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods from developing surveys/interviews to analyzing data.
- Demonstrated efficiency with MS Office and high fluency in Microsoft Excel. Excellent communication – conversational, email, and written.
- Strong writing skills and ability to translate technical and complex concepts into concise and easily understandable language.
- Language: English and Hausa required
- Work experiences in agricultural environment or field-based roles in northern-Nigerian preferred.
- Proven dedication to field work.
- Able to identify & solve problems as they arise with minimal support.
- Experience using data, data analysis and KPIs to monitor performance and support decision making.
- Leadership and mentorship experience, preferably some experience leading field-based individuals/ teams and providing professional development support for others.
- Compensation: Commensurate with experience
- Benefits: Health insurance, paid time off
- Sponsor International Candidates: No; Must have existing rights to work in Nigeria.
Deadline: 19th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online