Kimberly Ryan Limited – Our client, a maritime company in Nigeria is recruiting for the position of:
Job Title: Internal Audit Officer
Qualifications and Requirements
- BSC / HND in Accounting or other related business discipline from a reputable University/Polytechnic
- Minimum 2nd Class Lower
- Relevant professional qualification(s)
- Minimum of Three (3) years cumulative cognate experience in Internal Auditing
- Considerable knowledge of MARPOL, waste Management or shipping and port operations
- Highly numerate, with good turnaround time on tasks, ability to deliver with minimal supervision
- At least 3 years’ post qualification experience in Internal Auditing
- Good understanding of professional IIA performance standards with regards to planning, testing, sampling and documentation
- Knowledge of accounting principles and standards
- Knowledge of regulations and industry standards
- Familiar with industry best practice
Roles and Responsibilities
- Record keeping of internal documents.
- Check retirement reports of float submitted and report thereon.
- Conduct cash count and report thereon.
- Participate in stock count report and thereon.
- Verify goods received/ service rendered on Job Completion Note and notify the Internal Auditor.
- Organise and reference work papers for review by the Internal Auditor.
- Supports the Internal Auditor in the development and implementation of the evolving Internal Audit methodology.
- Assist in the preparation of concise and informative audit report to effectively communicate findings and recommendations.
- Participate in closing meetings at the end of the field work, providing clear explanations on identified issues.
- To assist the Internal Auditor when required to maximise the efficiency of the internal audit function.
- To undertake any duty as may be assigned from time to time due to exigency of work.
Deadline: 1st March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the job position as the subject of the mail.