Internal Control Executive Job at the Workplace Centre Limited
The Workplace Centre Limited – We are a World Class Skills Development and HR / ICT Consulting Services organisation that adds significant value to our clients and society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control Executive
Department: Internal control Department
Reports to: Head of Internal Control Department / MD
- To draw any weaknesses or shortcomings noted to the attention of management through the Head of the Internal Control Department.
- To assist in the management of the Internal Control function, ensure that the Internal Control function provides an independent assessment of the firm’s internal systems and controls, including the systems for appropriate identification and evaluation of risk and for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Ensure New Stock received into ePOS software tallies with details on the original invoice from the supplier and escalating variances as soon as spotted.
- Analyze stock position reports from the store’s ePOS database and ensure that movements are substantiated to the appropriate source records and necessary variances having been investigated are sent to the store manager for further explanation.
- Carrying out monthly cycle count across all stores and participate in the quarterly stock count exercise, review and valuation.
- Follow up with any stock reconciliation issues with the affected stores.
- Ensure that stock items transferred by the warehouse (HQ) to the requesting store(s) are properly approved.
- Check the correctness of all transferred stock items on the system.
Stores Internal Checks:
- Daily review of branch sales records for compliance with policies governing; Discounts. Loyalties, Returns, User rights, Customer setups.
- Raise timely inquiry where necessary from staff to ensure operational efficiency and test the effectiveness of controls and procedures throughout the company. This will be through periodic IC store visits.
- Analyze sales reports from the stores and ensure they are properly presented in terms of product code and description, Tender, Discount accuracy and that they are properly captured in the QuickBooks Financials.
- QuickBooks Internal Check – Analyze sales reports from the stores to check for excess or shortages in postings.
- Bi-Weekly Internal Control Store Visit exercise.
- Review of all Petty float reimbursement and spending
- Review of all postings of Petty float expenses into the Company’s Financial Database.
- Check that all-cash sales are lodged into the bank within 24 hours of cash receipt. Raise exception reports if any.
- Vouch for all POS, transfers, and cheques to the bank and ensure that POS charges are not in excess
- Check that all manual sales are not against the companyТs policy and that they are properly invoiced on the ePOS Software.
- Ensuring that all items posted to financials by the Account Unit are properly done and well classified in line with relevant Accounting rules and Laws.
- Weekly report to Head of Internal Control (IC) and management about exceptions observed during the week and give possible recommendations.
- Reporting to Head, IC, and management periodically on the trade debtors balances on financials for correction by Accounts and any perceived risks.
- Budgeting management support functions
- Reviewing Fixed Assets Registers for completeness and Valuation accuracy.
- Verifying Assets and Liabilities by comparing items to documentation.
- Ensuring that trade receivable (customer balances) maintained by Accounts are timely and accurately reviewed and reported.
- Ensuring that payment once cleared in the bank are posted by account to their appropriate books in QuickBooks Financials to reduce the ledger balance by the payment account.
- Confirmation of Customer Deposits for Straps and future purchases on ePOS and QuickBooks Financials and ensure they are nil or posted against sales or refunds in ePOS or Financials once the customers have used them.
- Analysis of daily POS report to ensure that all expected settlement is paid by the banks involved and communicating with accounts to follow up in the instance of shortage in settlement (Revenue Assurance Reporting Functions).
- Review and report on the accuracy of vendor balances
- Monthly Bank Reconciliation Review and Support Functions.
- Annual Management Internal Audit Support Function as may be delegated by the Head of Internal Control.
- Check that all relevant Statutory Audits document are well maintained and filed by the Accounts Unit and escalating observed gaps as soon as possible.
- Support Payroll Review Functions.
- Development of relevant internal control questionnaires as may be assigned by the Head, IC or management.
- Maintaining Internal Control systems and recommending new policies and procedures towards enhanced operations.
- Ensure compliance to Internal Controls, Processes and Procedures set by the IC unit and management
- Any other task as assigned by the Managing Director.
N120,000 – N140,000 net monthly.
Deadline: 6th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com clearly indicating the “Job Title” as subject of your mail.