Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investment Analyst
Job ID: 134613BR
Employment Type: Full Time
- SNCPFA (Shell Nigeria Closed Pension Fund Administrator) is licensed by the National Pension Commission (PenCom) to manage the defined benefit pension scheme of The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC). SNCPFA is currently on the search for an investment analyst to further strengthen its investment management function. Successful candidate would be responsible for the underlisted:
- Contribute to the formulation of Investment and Risk Management Plan for Funds under the management of SNCPFA and (SHELL THRIFT & LOAN FUND) STLF.
- Proactively assess and recommend improvements to processes to support timely, efficient and profitable investment of funds.
- Assist in the conduct of periodic risk-based assessment of counter-party financial institutions and brokers and recommend institutions for retention or suspension
- Provide weekly review of macro economic indicators, Fiscal and Monetary Policy and market developments that impact the value of the Funds. Develop, articulate and recommend appropriate strategies to leverage these indices to optimise returns for the Funds
- Negotiate, confirm and execute Fixed Income (Bonds and Money Market) deals with approved counter-party financial institutions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure that the Pension Fund’s offshore equity portfolio is appropriately re-balanced to the approved benchmark index.
- Ensure that the activities of offshore Fixed Income portfolio managers is consistent with SNCPFA’s risk appetite and rating requirements.
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly ISC meeting slides and quarterly Board meeting activity reports/slides
- Conduct periodic fixed income research to provide market colour and insight into opportunities beyond legacy exposure
- Contribute to the assessment, analysis and preparation of investment/divestment proposals for approval by the Investment Strategy Committee (ISC)
- Evaluate and execute approved Capital Market transactions (domestic and offshore)
- Provide relevant advice and concise and timely periodic management information reports on counter-parties and investee companies.
- Keep abreast of developments in both local and global Financial Markets and ensure compliance with relevant legislation, statutory regulations and guidelines governing the Funds’ investments, in particular Pension Reform Act 2014
- Establish and maintain cordial and mutually beneficial business and professional relationships with financial intermediaries, stockbrokers, Nigerian Stock Exchange, and relevant regulatory agencies such as the Central Bank of Nigeria, the Securities and Exchange Commission etc
- Conduct quarterly performance review session with all fund managers (Equity and Fixed Income)
HSE (Health, Safety and Environment):
- Ensure work approach is consistent with the HSE ethos and rules of the group
- A first degree plus a Professional Accounting qualification. CFA, FRM or CAIA is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian and Global financial markets and processes
- Strong negotiation skills and good interpersonal, team working and networking skills
- Ability to analyze macro economic developments to proactively gauge market action.
- Ability to anticipate regulatory actions and market reactions.
Deadline: 3rd March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online