Job Vacancies in an Engineering Company
Westfield Consulting Limited – Our client, an Engineering company, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
- Our client is searching for an Electrical Engineer perform the research, design, develop an install a part of, or the complete life cycle of, electrical products or systems
- Responsible for the drafting, refining and regulating electrical operations.
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Confirms system’s and components’ capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops electrical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators.
- Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting repair service.
- Maintains product data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensure the department’s operating cost is within approved budget
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
- Ability to evaluate electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Ability to develop electrical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Ability to develop manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators.
- Ability to prepare product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Ability to keep equipment operational by following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting repair service.
- Ability to ensure the department’s operating cost is within approved budget
- Ability and Experience in CAD (Auto cad design etc.).
- A First Degree or HND in Electrical Engineering from a reputable higher institution.
- A Postgraduate Degree is an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years cognate work experience.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
- We seek to employ an experienced candidates to build and cultivate relationships with potential / existing customers and translate those relationships into profitable business. Ensure the quality of service provided is in-line with agreed parameters.
- Identify new business opportunities and high value relationships for conversion to the Organization’s customer base.
- Network with all potential clients in own locality / region to increase customer base.
- Manage and deepen relationships with existing and prospective customers.
- Develop and maintain a high level of customer relationship management standard within the Organization.
- Drive the performance of the Department in line with the targets set by the Organization.
- Initiate and coordinate the development of the Organization’s strategies and marketing plans to enable the Department achieve targeted growth objectives.
- Ensure timely resolution of customer complaints and issues
- Prepare weekly / monthly activity and performance reports for Management’s use.
- Ensure effective relationship management with new and existing customers to improve the Organization’s profitability position.
- Assist in the development and update of strategic plans in-line with the current prevailing market realities.
- Maintain strong relationships with relevant units and follow up on transaction processing to ensure customer instructions are attended to promptly and efficiently.
- Maintain adequate records of all transactions in the Department
- Create and sustain a culture that encourages others to provide the quality of service essential to high performance.
- Preparation and submission of call memos (daily, weekly)
- Ensure the Department’s operating cost is within approved budget
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Head of Department.
- A first Degree from any discipline from a reputable higher institution. An Electrical Engineering Degree is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years cognate work (Sales / Marketing / Business development / Relationship management) experience. Relevant experience in the Oil & Gas industry is key.
- Role is to be based in Port Harcourt.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.