South Saharan Social Development Organization (SSDO) is a non-profit organisation. We are currently engaging in the Enugu State4GATES OVC Project to improve the health and well-being of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and their families in Nkanu West and Enugu South Local Government Area in line with Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and President’s Emergency Plan for Aids Relief (PEPFAR) 95: 95: 95 Agenda.
We are recruiting to fill the position below for the Enugu State4GATES OVC Project:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Report To: Program Manager
- The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will capture all data collection, analysis, and learning activities to help ensure accountability and efficiency from start to finish for the Project.
- H / She will provide technical field support to Implementing team across SSDO sites in the State.
- The M & E Officer will work closely with Program team to assess field conditions, support capacity building initiatives, and facilitate the collection of quality data under the supervision of the Program Manager and Project Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and capture data across program interventions and analyse data collected across the communities.
- Compilation of SI activity, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Enter validated data into Database
- Maintain beneficiaries database (NOMIS) at the LGA level
- Maintain hard and electronic copy file of the community volunteers Monthly Summary Forms in the LGA.
- Documentation of best practices and Success stories
- Ensure all source documents of services provided and activities conducted are well filed by the documentation officer.
- Provide mentoring and supportive supervision to all the SI and Data Entry officers across the CVs
- Coordinate and monitor SI activities across CVs in the targeted LGA.
- Ensure that CVs adhere to household and child case management plans they developed.
- Provide guidance on the implementation of project’s SI plan.
- Perform all reporting obligations & performance indicators from database to donors.
- Development/updating performance indicator definitions.
- Generate case studies and success stories from implementation of SI systems
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Demography, Sociology, Anthropology, Environmental Studies, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field.
- 3-4 years of experience working in Strategic Information
- Experience in working with NGOs
- Thorough understanding of program management, donor reporting requirements and managing donor relations.
- Demonstrated research and evaluation skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; and ability to influence and facilitate advocacy agendas at State
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or similar software
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Experience in providing administrative leadership and support to work teams
Job Title: Community Volunteer
Location: (Nkanu West: 58 openings, Nkanu East: 1 Opening, Enugu South: 7 Openings), Enugu
Slot: 66 Openings
- Must be 18 years and above.
- Must be resident in the local government of interest.
- Must have a minimum of O’level Education (higher level of education will be an added advantage).
- Must be of good standing in the community.
- Must be good in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of, and ownership of an Android phone is an added advantage
Deadline: 13th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications; CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com with the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: This vacancy will be attended to on a rolling basis. We will fill this vacancy once we get the right candidates.