Latest Vacancies in a Seasoned Fintech Organisation
A seasoned Fintech Organisation in the country is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead, Software Development Engineer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- We need an experienced engineer with demonstrated capability in developing robust mobile and web applications
- The selected individual will lead the Software development team and own technical delivery of projects. This role is primarily aimed at all forms of Full stack software development.
- Working with the Software Development Team to define achievable product roadmap and timeline (feature set).
- Setting and managing company’s aggressive software engineering goals, objectives and targets.
- Design and monitor development of enterprise applications.
- Ensure upgrades and maintenance while modifying existing software to improve performance, correct errors and allow adaptation to new hardware
- Making recommendations and proposing solutions (in house, outsourced and third party) for the Software Development Team in a fast-paced market and development environment.
- Developing and supervising product deployment and functionality with time to market and feature set as key targets.
- Ensuring that the proper technical approach is taken organization for all feature/future development.
- Establishing development environment, technology stack, version control, methodology and testing policies as well as client support and integration.
- Build, Manage, and lead the technology unit and development team.
- Manage a team of software engineers for optimal performance
- Work with vendors and help in their selection and integration.
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance and ensure continuous delivery of IT services
Qualifications and Experience
- Backend: core Java 8 skills, Liferay 6+, Sprint 4+, WSDL, JAX-RS SQL, Hibernate, JDBC, Rest service, Ajax (JQuery/Dojo), HTML/CSS, HTML5 SOAP services, Unit tests with JUnit,
- SpringBoot is a plus, OCJP is a plus.
- Team Development Tools: GIT, Jira, Conflunce
Salary & Benefits
Job Title: Financial Operations Lead
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day technical activities and operations management. The focus is on a strategic, tactical and short term operations management, which means that he or she is responsible for the development, design, operation, and improvement of the systems that create and deliver the firms’ products and services. Manage the relationship with our technical partners.
- The Operations Lead must ensure synergy in the Operations, understanding that syncing work in the Operations department is pivotal to the overall success of the business.
Strategy Implementation Responsibilities:
- Execute principal strategic objectives for the company as it pertains to the Core Operations.
- Develop Operational plans and procedures.
- Establish policies in the operations department that promote company culture and vision.
Operations Management Responsibilities:
- Perform daily reconciliation of transaction settlement data from the payment processing companies and the settlement value by the partner banks
- Perform daily reconciliation of company’s various internal payment platforms through the payment portals, partner bank statements and other available medium
- Prepare daily and weekly report on over/under-settlement of relevant transactions
- Liaise with the settlement bank and payment processing companies on potential under-settlement and ensure resolution of issues identified in line with the company’s policies and procedures
- Advise the finance operations team of possible over-settlement for necessary financial liability provisions on a monthly basis
- Support the finance operations team in resolving settlement and recompilation issues
- Attend to all queries from partner organizations on settlement issues and ensure they are resolved promptly
- Correctly log all incidents, monitor the incident cycles and document solutions after resolutions
- Liaise with finance operations team to ensure that recovered settlement fees are correctly reported
- Ensure that daily settlement value is transferred to the company’s position promptly
- Follow through on delayed settlement of daily transaction income and ensure swift resolution
- Perform daily/ weekly analysis of settlement data and extract valuable business intelligence for decision making purposes
- Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance and reporting standards
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
- Delegate responsibilities to ensure team heads grow as capable participants.
- Motivate team heads to meet or surpass operation goals
- Coordinate performance reviews for operations team members in a prudent manner.
- Employ various initiatives to coach team members to optimize their capabilities.
- Manage capital investment and expenses to ensure the company achieves investor targets relative to growth and profitability.
- Reconciliation and settlements monitoring/collation.
- Investigation all financial transactions.
- Assist the CFO with financial projections and analyses of existing operations initiatives and policies.
Deadline: 9th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: using the Job Title as subject of the email.