Lead Civil Design Engineer Job in an Independent Oil and Gas Operator
Oasis Africa Consulting Limited – Our client, an independent Oil and Gas operator with head office in Lagos and field operations in Delta and Rivers State, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Civil Design Engineer (Heavy Rotating Equipment Design Experience)
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Job Type: Contract
- Work with Consultants (local and abroad) to assemble a design specification compliant with the employers’ requirements, agree its format and content, and monitor and review its preparation ensuring delivery by the due date
- Agree and monitor scope of works with the IPP Project Management team and Company Civil department.
- Clearly define building requirements and purpose of use with the IPP Project Management team and Company Civil department.to allow detailed design
- Carry out detailed design as per Local, Indian or International codal standard requirements, QA and technical review and sign off by IPP Project Management, including complex calculations and co-ordination issues
- Review and monitor the production of calculations including QA, technical reviews and sign off
- Ensure that information for project delivery plan is completed in requisite detail and to deadlines, and keep IPP Project Management Team informed regarding design progress through explanation of design decisions
- Provide documentary information to assist in the preparation of tender documents, ensuring that information for tender preparation is completed in requisite detail and to deadlines, and keep the IPP Project Management team informed regarding design progress through explanation of design decisions
- Provide documentary information IPP Project Management team to assist in the preparation of tender documents, ensuring that information for tender preparation is completed in requisite detail and to deadline.
- Deal with the day to day queries from the IPP Project Management Team ensuring that relevant information is available on time for construction activity
- Report to the the IPP Project Management Team i any variance between the works constructed and the design intent
- Lead the design process and encourage the rest of the team to deliver appropriate and cost effective solutions to the agreed programme.
- Follow in full the document control, QA processes relevant to project work, ensuring drawings, specifications, reports and correspondence are issued, and filed in an appropriate manner, coach junior staff in their usage.
- The candidate should possess a Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering and possess membership to an accredited engineering body.
- Experience: 12 +years
- Hands on Proficiency in etabs and Safe.
- Must be Regular BE /B.Tech(Civil) or ME/M.Tech(Structure) from premium institutes
- Position Location- Lagos, Nigeria but need to travel to site on requirement basis (30%)
- The applicant will have proven experience in the design of Heavy rotating equipment foundations, Building foundations, Switchyard pedestal foundations, piling, Building Structures with significant experience in a similar role or demonstration of a good track record.
- Preferable experience in Combined Cycle Power plants with Gas and Steam turbines, HRSG, Transformers, Switchyard, Transmission towers etc.
- The applicant should ideally have obtained Chartered Engineer status or equivalent, possess a degree in Civil or Structural Engineering and possess membership to an accredited engineering body
- Applicants need to be able to demonstrate good management, communication and technical skills and be capable of working both within the team and independently, as dictated by work load
- Good presentation skills are also required
- Must be fully conversant with technical structural software, such as RAM, CSC, ETABS, SAFE and STAAD
- A sound understanding of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project is essential
- Must be fluent in English with an excellent understanding of technical terminology
Salary and Benefits
- Pay/benefits are competitive based on industry standards.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online