GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Sourcing Specialist
Ref No: 3435040
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED) with at least 5 years of experience in a Sourcing role & overall industry experience of 10 years or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Additional experience in Sourcing Engineered products.
- Additional experience in framing Sourcing Contracts & long-term commercial agreements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- PC and database proficiency
- QMS approved is preferred (GE employees only)
- Six Sigma training is preferred (GE employees only)
- GE program graduate is preferred (GE employees only)
- The Lead Sourcing Specialist demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will use your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and effect short-term and some long-term business goals. Responsibilities include:
- Lead, Drive Sourcing Localization initiatives for HC Business.
- Perform Market Analysis,
- Identify, propose & develop a roadmap to qualify new suppliers to drive local content & deflation initiatives.
- Understand strategies for assigned commodities and proactively drive initiatives to meet Sourcing objectives
- Co-ordinate with Regional Business & HQ sourcing on sourcing strategies to align to business objectives.
- Assess supplier capabilities and make recommendations on supplier acceptability
- Implement sourcing standards including process & execution, synergies for cost out
- Drive productivity opportunities with supply base to deliver cost out goals
- Support commodity buys
- Write reports to track PO activity and supplier performance
- Analyze and track supplier promise date accuracy and develop reports to ensure supplier promise date accuracy
- Drive effective recovery plans and create payment tracking and invoice analysis. tracking / invoice analysis
- Develop process to look upstream for pending requirements and drive Sales in order to ensure sourcing given adequate cycle to procure material
- Place Purchase Orders (PO) timely and obtain PO acknowledgements from suppliers
Role Summary / Purpose
- The Lead Sourcing Specialist will act as the key sourcing point of contact in West and Central Africa and will be responsible for all tactical and strategic activities within the Healthcare business.
- He/ she will also be responsible for developing a local vendor base, both in support of future business growth and of current operations.
- The candidate will act as an individual contributor, part of the regional Healthcare Sourcing organization.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online