Manager, Regulatory Services Job at MainOne Cable Nigeria
MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Regulatory Services
Job Type: Permanent
Minimum years of Experience: 8
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Must have first degree; LLM is an added advantage
- 8 – 10 years Post NYSC experience with a minimum of 5 years in core regulatory and compliance practice
- Thorough understanding of Company and commercial law, Regulatory and compliance practice;
- Experience in consumer-facing businesses, capacity sales business plus knowledge of telecom and/or support for sales clients preferred.
- Exceptional judgment and strong initiative
- Strong inter-personal skills and a teamwork-oriented attitude.
- Proven ability to effectively juggle competing priorities
- Candidate must be able to work under pressure with keen attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational skills and possess the ability to interact effectively with other attorneys and staff, diverse inhouse client groups, senior executives, opposing counsel and outside personnel;
- Ability to interact effectively with business and technical clients in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Demands of the Job:
- Good research skills
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent team working ability to ensure smooth operation in the team.
- Constant awareness of sensitivity and confidentiality involved in the function.
- The Manager, Regulatory Services shall be responsible for identifying, managing and fostering long term relationship with relevant regulatory bodies (such as NCC, NPA, DPR, NOTAP, Federal, State and Local authorities e.t.c)
Other responsibilities includes:
- Manage, advise and proffer practical solution to the Company’s regulatory risks
- Ensure regulatory compliance with appropriate licencing and permit obligations and directions through regulatory engagements;
- Keep abreast and analyze all local and international legislation, regulations, guidelines and regulatory developments in the telecommunication industry impacting on the business
- Ensure and foster effective governmental, regulatory stakeholder management and engagement to protect and boost the Company’s interest;
- Build effective working relationships within the Company and between the Company and regulatory stakeholders to support commercial decisionmaking;
- Influence policy formulation through submission of constructive legal opinions, position papers and active participation at regulatory forum and meetings in the telecommunication industry;
- Collaborate and facilitate crossfunctional decision-making relating to regulatory activities among the units in the legal department;
- Interface with law enforcement agencies concerning issues of security and investigations;
- Manage assigned projects to completion;
- Coordinate, manage, develop and motivate the team in regulatory and government affairs unit, setting & monitoring clear objectives in line with functional and business goals.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online