Willers Solutions Limited – Our client, a reputable Oil and Gas / Marine firm is seeking to recruit suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marine Operations Superintendent Captain
- Required to monitor the vessel movements daily.
- Supervise operations and monitor vessel condition and ship’s staff compliance with management policies, international, state or local Maritime regulations.
- Responsible for operational related issues and ensures all procedures are adhered to and comply with International safety management (ISM), classification society rules, and Maritime insurance
- Performing navigational, cargo and mooring audits and keep records as per company’s standards. Findings to be categorized and trends to be identified.
- Prepares inspection report (VIR) outlining observations and defects found on board inspected vessels.
- Close monitoring and follow up of vessel’s maintenance status.
- Review and approval of all deck and paints requisitions.
- Ensures that all vessels are supplied with proper mooring wires and ropes as per Company’s standards
- Maintain and promote navigational standards on board vessels.
- Arrange supply/renewal and proper certification of all safety, LSA and FFA. Maintenance of safety-related equipment and keeping of proper operational records.
- Supervising vessel’s commercial operations (tank cleaning, loading and discharging) in port and enroute; ensuring efficient and safe use of the equipment and compliance of the vessel with her commercial obligations.
- Checking Loading / Discharging / Ballasting plans and procedures, COW and Passage plans and all other operation-related forms.
- Checking the navigational operations on board Company vessels including updating nautical charts, publications and corrections.
- Issuing visit reports that include his remarks on the vessel’s condition, personnel (including level of cooperation) and equipment; makes recommendations for rectification of deficiencies or improvements to the existing situation.
- Verifying that safe working practices are followed in accordance to industry standards, current regulations and the CMS.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of B.Sc Degree in Marine Engineering or related field.
- Min of 10 years’ compliance related managerial experience in tangible shoreside technical, and DPA
- Must have function as DESIGNATED PERSON ASHORE (DPA) with a reputable Maritime firm.
- Must be a Captain with experience and knowledge of a wide range of offshore support vessels, Dynamic positioning systems, logistic vessels, Diving and Construction vessels, Semi-submersible and Jackup units.
Deadline: 20th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV “MS Word” to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Marine Operation Superintendent_Captai” as email subject.