Diamond Development Initiatives (DDI) is a not-for-profit organization that serves as the Technical Partner of the United States African Development Foundation (USADF) in Nigeria.
We are recrutiing to fill the position below:
Job Title: Off-Grid Energy Intern
- We are seeking an Off-grid Energy Intern for six months (March 2020 to August 2020). The intern will be based in our Abuja office but will frequently travel to various project locations across the country.
- The intern will provide support for planning and implementing program activities on time and achieve targets within program budget
- Review quarterly reports from grantees
- Conduct monitoring of program activities to validate the completion of milestones.
- Administrative duties
- In collaboration with the Off-grid Energy Specialist, review grant applications, conduct needs assessments, gather data – including baseline information
- Analyse budgets and conduct market surveys on budget line items
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant stakeholders in government, private sector and communities to promote the successful deployment of off-grid energy solutions
Qualification and Experience
- First degree in Renewable Energy, Social Sciences, or another relevant field
- At least 1 year of work experience including project management. Experience in a similar position is desirable
- Excellent analytical, report writing and oral communication skills
- Experience managing renewable energy projects
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members
Deadline: 14th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and Resume to: email@example.com using “Off-grid Energy Internship” as subject.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be notified of the next steps.