Kimberly Ryan Limited – Our client, a Maritime Company is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Payroll Management Officer
- B.Sc / HND in Management or Social Science or any related discipline from a reputable University / Polytechnic
- Minimum 2nd Class Lower
- Relevant professional qualification(s)
- Minimum of Three (3) years cumulative cognate experience in a HR / Payroll Administration role
- Considerable knowledge of waste Management or shipping and port operations
- Highly numerate, with good turnaround time on tasks, ability to deliver with minimal supervision
- Maintain payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data
- Update payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Review time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information in order to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies and ensure accuracy of payroll
- Manage the payroll system and ensure that employee information is accurate and up to date.
- Maintain reports and payroll transactions to support the integrity of the system and to meet audit requirements
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave and non-taxable wages
- Ensure end of year procedures are followed including reconciliation lodgement of taxation requirements e.g. payment summaries.
- Balance the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies
- Maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Every other delegated and assigned duties
- Be the main point of contact with external suppliers (insurance, retirement and payroll companies.)
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests
- Maintain employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
Deadline: 1st March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.